Classic Empire

Re: Classic Empire

Postby barbaro111 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:04 am

Treve wrote:I feel like at this point they may as well just give him some time off on the farm and bring him back next year. Sometimes the best thing is allowing a horse to just be a horse...

heartily agree!
barbaro111

Postby Miss Woodford » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Treve wrote:I feel like at this point they may as well just give him some time off on the farm and bring him back next year. Sometimes the best thing is allowing a horse to just be a horse...

Or they could *gasp* geld him. He's got a history of acting up/refusing to work even when he's not hurt so he could use an attitude adjustment. Not gonna happen of course, he's too valuable.
Miss Woodford

Postby sweettalk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:59 am

aside from slow horses that are simply intact because of who mummy and daddy are, i have never seen a horse get so many "please geld him!" posts. first a foot abscess, and now because he's an individual with his own personality (which just happens to make it hard for his human handlers, though i'm sure "difficult" can be applied to many race horses).
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:30 am

Yeah, I don't get the push to geld the colt. His quirks and/or physical issues aren't so bad that his trainer can't work with him to get through them. And I've never read anything about him being mean or dangerous.
Maybe he might end up needing a spell from racing but, IMHO, the 'ultimate equipment change' isn't called for.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Treve » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:59 am

Miss Woodford wrote:

Or they could *gasp* geld him. He's got a history of acting up/refusing to work even when he's not hurt so he could use an attitude adjustment. Not gonna happen of course, he's too valuable.

Breeding rights were already sold to Coolmore, pretty sure that'd be a severe breach of contract.
I see absolutely no reason to geld him. He's a G1 winner at 2 and 3, he's got a very strong pedigree, beautiful confirmation. That's already more than what most stallions standing at stud currently can say.
Given that his acting out has never been tied to sex hormones or coltish behaviour I'm not sure gelding would fix anything at all even if that were in Oxley's power to decide anymore. It's his personality, and geldings can be just as quirky or stubborn, so I'm actually mistified by this call to gelding him.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Kay16 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:13 pm

There's no reason to geld him.

Sounds like they are keeping hope he'll tell them he's ready to go again this year, but they are listening to him so we'll see. If love for him to make it back this year but that gets more and more unlikely. At this point, there's not much left for him except races he won't be ready for and the big race none of the 3 year olds have a shot in unless something drastic happens.
Kay16

Postby stark » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Sunday Morning

caton bredar‏ @CBredar

@TVG @markecasse tells me Classic Empire trained well today in Ocala; Pa Derby still the target, needs everything to go right from here
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Treve » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:23 pm

I hope he makes it in tip top shape, but still, I wouldn't be opposed to him taking the rest of the year off...
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Postby CoronadosQuest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:00 pm

I hope he figures it out! I got to visit him on Sunday (8/13) in Saratoga before he was shipped to Florida and he was pretty sweet.

CoronadosQuest

Postby Treve » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Great photo CQ! He has such an interesting and lovely head to look at.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

PreviousNext

Return to Racing