Classic Empire

Re: Classic Empire

Postby honneerider » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:54 pm

I waited so impatiently for this colt to show his class, and was absolutely screamed him home. If he didn't win today, I wouldn't have my Derby horse!
He did ruin my exacta at the Spa by dumping Julien, however! Ecstatic he is back!
User avatar
honneerider
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Classic Empire

Postby Treve » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:29 am

honneerider wrote:I waited so impatiently for this colt to show his class, and was absolutely screamed him home. If he didn't win today, I wouldn't have my Derby horse!
He did ruin my exacta at the Spa by dumping Julien, however! Ecstatic he is back!


He dumped Irad Ortiz Jr. that day, Julien was not in the irons ;)
I wonder if that factored into his displeasure.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Classic Empire

Postby Insane Crazy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 am

I just love those silks. They're so pretty.

I was delighted to see him to his thing. Who knew the modern magic formula for classy Derby bound colts was PotN over a Storm Cat granddaughter? ;)

I've liked him ever since the start because his name is so lovely and strong. Actually excited about Derby day now with him and IWC back on top!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
User avatar
Insane Crazy
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Re: Classic Empire

Postby honneerider » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:28 am

Treve wrote:
honneerider wrote:I waited so impatiently for this colt to show his class, and was absolutely screamed him home. If he didn't win today, I wouldn't have my Derby horse!
He did ruin my exacta at the Spa by dumping Julien, however! Ecstatic he is back!


He dumped Irad Ortiz Jr. that day, Julien was not in the irons ;)
I wonder if that factored into his displeasure.

Thanks! My memory not what it used to be.
User avatar
honneerider
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Classic Empire

Postby Treve » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Image

Image

Image
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Classic Empire

Postby Treve » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:I just love those silks. They're so pretty.

I was delighted to see him to his thing. Who knew the modern magic formula for classy Derby bound colts was PotN over a Storm Cat granddaughter? ;)

I've liked him ever since the start because his name is so lovely and strong. Actually excited about Derby day now with him and IWC back on top!


This prep season has been weird, and a veritable rollercoaster that's for sure. Now fingers crossed they all make it to the gate (and across the finish line) safe and sound (both of mind and of body!).
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Classic Empire

Postby Treve » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm

He's home! And looking as cool as a cucumber, no lip chain needed. Classic Empire arrived at Churchill this morning.
Per Norman (via the courier-journal): "The horse came out of the race in really good order and had a pretty unremarkable trip here from Arkansas this morning. He seems very happy, and we're all very happy."

Unloading
https://twitter.com/casseracingnc/statu ... 2080393216
Walking the shedrow
https://twitter.com/FredCowgillWLKY/sta ... 4373622785
Unloading + walking + bath time
https://twitter.com/KentuckyDerby/statu ... 6637536258

Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by Treve on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Classic Empire

Postby Treve » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Oh I forgot, lol of course WinStar has jumped on the opportunity
Image
Never has their slogan for Pioneerof the Nile been so appropriate :D
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Classic Empire

Postby MySaladDays » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:34 pm

honneerider wrote:I waited so impatiently for this colt to show his class, and was absolutely screamed him home. If he didn't win today, I wouldn't have my Derby horse!
He did ruin my exacta at the Spa by dumping Julien, however! Ecstatic he is back!


Well that is a good place to be, to have a Derby Horse.

I hope he wins for ya.

I so wish I was there but I don't have my derby horse yet.
MySaladDays
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:16 am

Re: Classic Empire

Postby MySaladDays » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Treve wrote:Also Classic Empire was a champ today during schooling, the other horse with him acted up but he stayed as cool as a cucumber. He's got his game face on.
https://twitter.com/TracksideJennie/sta ... 2465442816
Image
Image
Image
Image



Your photos are fantastic! Just wanted to note how much I am enjoying them. You really did justice to this gorgeous colt.
MySaladDays
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:16 am

PreviousNext

Return to Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], honneerider, WaquoitNBroadBrush and 9 guests