Winx

User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4056
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:44 pm

She is unreal.
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:06 pm

Winx will race this Saturday Aus/NZ time (Friday Night in USA) in the G1 Optic White Stakes
Dm2kBhDUUAEaDvu.jpg
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Ominous words from trainer Chris Waller about Winx this morning

https://mobile.twitter.com/racing_nsw/s ... 9798468608
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 pm

A few seconds footage of Winx training this morning

https://mobile.twitter.com/atc_races/st ... 1588434945
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:31 pm

I hope this link works because this story is incredible! Jockey Larry Cassidy details his one ride on a 3yo Winx
"You are riding a horse for Waller named Winx" "ok how do you spell that?"

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/larry-c ... 365Y9c0.97
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4394
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:52 pm

RugbyGirl wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 pm
Ominous words from trainer Chris Waller about Winx this morning

https://mobile.twitter.com/racing_nsw/s ... 9798468608
When you said ominous my stomach dropped and I was worried she wasn't doing well, don't scare me like that :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Oops I should have said ominous words for her rivals!
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4394
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 am

RugbyGirl wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:55 pm
Oops I should have said ominous words for her rivals!
They're all running for 3rd then :lol: . (Because she's gonna go so fast she'll cross the line first then run another lap on time to place second).
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Winx has arrived at Randwick racecourse her race is about 2 hours from now #WinxAlert

https://mobile.twitter.com/racing_nsw/s ... 9380215809
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:13 pm

The public access to the raceday stalls at Randwick is excellent

https://mobile.twitter.com/racing_nsw/s ... 7427596288
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
User avatar
Dusty
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Dana Point, Ca
Contact:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:04 am

A number of scratches in the earlier races... how is the weather down under? Starting to get the nerves...
May they run with the WIND
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:11 am

Dusty wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:04 am
A number of scratches in the earlier races... how is the weather down under? Starting to get the nerves...
Mostly normal amount of scratchings. Weather and track are both described as perfect.

Redzel was scratched as he woke up this morning with muscle soreness. Connections of Unforgotten have decided to put her in a different race and another horse has been scratched after a banned substance was found in her system (long story). A few have been scratched because of poor barrier draws and the track was too good for them (hoping for rain!)
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
User avatar
Dusty
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Dana Point, Ca
Contact:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:37 am

RugbyGirl wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:11 am
Dusty wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:04 am
A number of scratches in the earlier races... how is the weather down under? Starting to get the nerves...
Mostly normal amount of scratchings. Weather and track are both described as perfect.

Redzel was scratched as he woke up this morning with muscle soreness. Connections of Unforgotten have decided to put her in a different race and another horse has been scratched after a banned substance was found in her system (long story). A few have been scratched because of poor barrier draws and the track was too good for them (hoping for rain!)

THANK YOU! Much appreciate the info!
May they run with the WIND
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:02 am

Winx in the parade ring 7mins to post

https://mobile.twitter.com/WHR/status/1 ... 7124955137
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:05 am

Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:09 am

Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:14 am

Well, that was easy.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4884
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:14 am

"Long Live the Queen!"
RugbyGirl
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:15 am

Katewerk wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:14 am
Well, that was easy.
CSEoKRJXIAAdqaq.jpeg
Artwork by Darren Bird
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:19 am

There it is. #27, and 20 G1 wins.
That mare has a kick in the stretch that's like her rider just kicked the nitrous feed to her engine wide open. :shock:
Enjoy her now. Sounds like just two more races for the great mare.
Post Reply