Winx

Winx

Postby Ioya Two » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXG-ovkG9U

What a mare. The commentator puts her ahead of Makybe Diva, Northerly, Bone Crusher, Sunline and Kingston Town as the best to ever win the Cox Plate. Do you agree? I'm not sure, but what a demolition job of that field.
Pulpit 1994-2012
User avatar
Ioya Two
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Winx

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm not familiar enough with all the greats of Australian racing to know for sure, but that performance in the Cox was jaw-dropping. Considering that Hartnell came into the race off a three-race win streak, also in impressive fashion...and she outright embarrassed him, I can understand why the commentator said that.
She won her 13th straight group race, and did it over soft ground, which might not be her preferred surface. She still made a field full of stakes winners look like they put it in reverse in the stretch. :o
Yeah, IMHO she's one of the greatest mares Oz has ever seen, and in a distaff pantheon with the likes of Makybe Diva, Sunline and Black Caviar, that's saying something. And it sounds like we are going to be lucky enough to see her next year, with a possible trip to Royal Ascot on her dance card. :D :D :D
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -cox-plate
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 6705
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Winx

Postby luvsgeldings » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:20 pm

oh is she awesome! - what a stellar performance - truly impressive!
luvsgeldings
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Re: Winx

Postby Starine » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:54 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'm not familiar enough with all the greats of Australian racing to know for sure, but that performance in the Cox was jaw-dropping.


This. I'm sure hope Ascot is on her dance card next year.
User avatar
Starine
 
Posts: 3090
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Winx

Postby Raven » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:31 am

WOW!! What a race. And she was very wide the whole way.
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
User avatar
Raven
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: Winx

Postby Prairie Bayou » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:04 pm

All I know is thank God for racing down under. They are never afraid to take on the males with fillies. She is a great one for sure. I'm having a blast watching her.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
User avatar
Prairie Bayou
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:29 am
Location: Reisterstown, Maryland

Re: Winx

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Thanks for posting the race link, Ioya Two. Love the comment, "You'll never see anything better than that." What a mare, completely dominated them! The most decisive win in the 96 years of the Cox Plate, and a long-term goal to go for a three-peat next year. So fun!
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Winx

Postby Dusty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:58 am

Ioya Two wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXG-ovkG9U

What a mare. The commentator puts her ahead of Makybe Diva, Northerly, Bone Crusher, Sunline and Kingston Town as the best to ever win the Cox Plate. Do you agree? I'm not sure, but what a demolition job of that field.


She is special but to put her ABOVE those??? No t yet but maybe - Maykbe Diva?? Doubt it
May they run with the WIND
User avatar
Dusty
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Dana Point, Ca

Re: Winx

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:51 am

When Randwick had to postpone its Saturday stakes card (Friday night for us), we had to wait until tonight for her return to the races in the G2 Apollo Stakes.
And she just moved away from that nice field as though she's running and they're just galloping. Fourteen in a row for the best turf horse in the world. :D What a mare.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 6705
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Winx

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:54 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:When Randwick had to postpone its Saturday stakes card (Friday night for us), we had to wait until tonight for her return to the races in the G2 Apollo Stakes.
And she just moved away from that nice field as though she's running and they're just galloping. Fourteen in a row for the best turf horse in the world. :D What a mare.

Oops, didn't realize she had her own thread. I put a link to the race in the Fillies and Mares 2017 thread. What a mare!
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Next

Return to Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 8 guests