Arrogate

sweettalk

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:44 pm

@curtis; i think he was on the phone with elvis too, to make sure he got his cut.
stark

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:47 am

Rumor Control.....

Baffert wants to scratch with a fever.

Racing office wants him to wait until the paid admissions are in and counted.

?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Confirm or deny, thanks.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:24 am

stark wrote:Rumor Control.....

?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Confirm or deny, thanks.
Anthony J. Stabile‏ @TheBigAStabile

I apologize for #FakeNews that Arrogate was out of Pacific Classic.
luvsgeldings

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 am

well one thing is for sure..... Winx threw down the gauntlet last night with her outstanding performance - she ran the way you would want to see a number one rated horse in the world run.
stark

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:18 pm

stark wrote:
stark wrote:Rumor Control.....

?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Confirm or deny, thanks.
Anthony J. Stabile‏ @TheBigAStabile

I apologize for #FakeNews that Arrogate was out of Pacific Classic.
Jay Privman‏ @DRFPrivman

It looks as though someone is impersonating me on Twitter and playing sick joke re: Arrogate. That person is despicable. Arrogate is running
Tessablue

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:40 pm

luvsgeldings wrote:well one thing is for sure..... Winx threw down the gauntlet last night with her outstanding performance - she ran the way you would want to see a number one rated horse in the world run.
Yeah, it's not like Arrogate has ever faced adversity at the start of a race.

Why people insist on making this baseless comparison will forever be beyond me.
Somnambulist

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Who knows, maybe Arrogate would run that well on turf.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
luvsgeldings

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:38 pm

I made the comment only because arro and winx are the two horses most talked about as being contenders for 'best in the world' - and yes, arro has faced adversity and won - he isn't the only one who has and neither is she - I was merely trying to give the mare the kudos she deserves for her recent race - she certainly merits a lot of respect for her effort.

now let's see what arro has in him for his race today. I won't be surprised if he blows the doors off of the field in the pacific classic - but I also won't be surprised if he doesn't win.
sweettalk

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Tessablue wrote:
luvsgeldings wrote:well one thing is for sure..... Winx threw down the gauntlet last night with her outstanding performance - she ran the way you would want to see a number one rated horse in the world run.
Yeah, it's not like Arrogate has ever faced adversity at the start of a race.

Why people insist on making this baseless comparison will forever be beyond me.
because discussion board is for discussion?

i mean this with sincerity (no sarcasm, i know tone is difficult online so i want to reassure you ahead of time), but you've not been yourself lately - not hostile exactly, just. more on edge? than you were in the past. are you ok? we don't really know each other at all but if you need a wall to vent at at anything, you can PM me, if you want.
Big Ten

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:03 pm

I forgot the PC was today. I want to work today (Dasher driver), so no chance for me to head to Los Al to make a wager on it. I like Jeff Nahill's picks for it though.

Collected > Accelerate
Accelerate > Arrogate
Collected > Accelerate > Arrogate

1. Collected
2. Accelerate
3. Arrogate

If Arrogate shows some early speed or makes a middle move like he did in the Pegasus, he got this. But I don't want to be fooled twice from a heavy favorite again. Collected and Accelerate fight on the front end and one of those two will pull away enough to win it. The other, less heralded Baffert horse ftw.
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
Treve

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Is there any place I can watch the race from all the way here in Budapest?
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:08 pm

I know that NBC's sports channel, NBCSN, is showing the race in a 5-6 PM Pacific time slot. Maybe NBC has a way to watch online?
We used to be able to watch all California races via calracing.com, but they have changed what used to be a free service to a subscription-only venue. :(
Good luck.
ThreeMustangs

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Treve wrote:Is there any place I can watch the race from all the way here in Budapest?
Try http://www.dmi.ae/dubairacing/live.asp
Treve

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I know that NBC's sports channel, NBCSN, is showing the race in a 5-6 PM Pacific time slot. Maybe NBC has a way to watch online?
We used to be able to watch all California races via calracing.com, but they have changed what used to be a free service to a subscription-only venue. :(
Good luck.
Yeah last year I remember being in Saratoga on Alabama day to see Songbird and on the drive back up to Canada I was live-streaming Calracing.com.
I'll try to find a stream for NBCSN a bit later and try dubai racing in the mean time (it doesn't always work for whatever reason)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Tessablue

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 pm

luvsgeldings wrote:I made the comment only because arro and winx are the two horses most talked about as being contenders for 'best in the world' - and yes, arro has faced adversity and won - he isn't the only one who has and neither is she - I was merely trying to give the mare the kudos she deserves for her recent race - she certainly merits a lot of respect for her effort.

now let's see what arro has in him for his race today. I won't be surprised if he blows the doors off of the field in the pacific classic - but I also won't be surprised if he doesn't win.
I've seen a discouraging number of people (not on this forum) somehow use one horse to denigrate the other- including quite a few in the past twelve hours or so who seemed to think that Winx's effort in combination with the San Diego someone makes Arrogate unworthy of respect (I even saw one person say that Arrogate's DWC troubles didn't matter because it was a "terrible field," which is just incredible). So I guess I was sensitive to seeing her brought up in a thread dedicated to him, and I apologize for the ungenerous interpretation of your intentions. They are both wonderful horses racing in entirely different worlds.
sweettalk wrote: because discussion board is for discussion?

i mean this with sincerity (no sarcasm, i know tone is difficult online so i want to reassure you ahead of time), but you've not been yourself lately - not hostile exactly, just. more on edge? than you were in the past. are you ok? we don't really know each other at all but if you need a wall to vent at at anything, you can PM me, if you want.
Just went through my previous posts and they have been pretty cranky, sorry! Nothing is personally wrong, if anything I'd attribute it mostly to the... existential malaise that's sort of hanging over a lot of people right now, especially in my field. Or maybe poor Classic Empire's travails are REALLY getting to me ;)

But it was a very kind of you to offer and I appreciate you reaching out! Hopefully Arrogate gets back on track tonight so we all have something new to argue about :D
luvsgeldings

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:31 pm

no worries Tessablue - its all good - - some positive comments on tvg about arro this afternoon - simon bray saying that he and scott hazelton had talked with baffert - and baffert believes arro is back to his old self - the tvg guys also said that keith desormeaux told them he has been watching arro train and he thinks the horse is coming back to form too - so this should be good hopeful news for all the arro fans out there.
Somnambulist

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 pm

luvsgeldings wrote:no worries Tessablue - its all good - - some positive comments on tvg about arro this afternoon - simon bray saying that he and scott hazelton had talked with baffert - and baffert believes arro is back to his old self - the tvg guys also said that keith desormeaux told them he has been watching arro train and he thinks the horse is coming back to form too - so this should be good hopeful news for all the arro fans out there.
Baffert has to be the biggest bloviator out there, doesn't he?

I hope he bounces back just because it's more fun that way.
katmandu

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:38 pm

Treve wrote:Is there any place I can watch the race from all the way here in Budapest?
http://oklivetv.com/dubai-racing-tv-live/
Somnambulist

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:51 pm

He looked so unhappy.
middleground

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:51 pm

What is the matter with that horse? Has he lost interest?