Arrogate

Re: Arrogate

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Maybe he would be bored out of his mind just standing around in a paddock? :P :lol:
IIRC, this horse is still 'young' in his training. Baffert has said that he is still learning, and perhaps taking him out of a routine, where he is still learning his job, wouldn't be helpful?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby CoronadosQuest » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:57 pm

CoronadosQuest

Postby Life At Zen » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Watching him get off the trailer - he does not strike me as a horse that needs farm time.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Quotes from Baffert:
“I think we'll look at the Gold Cup,” joked Baffert, in reference to the Grade I Gold Cup at Santa Anita on May 27. “He's a little fresh. We'll back off of him for about 30 days…We'll train him, but he won't breeze for 30 days…He tells us what he wants to do…We'll have to do something with him.
“He'll run in the Pacific Classic (Grade I, $1 million at Del Mar on Aug. 19) and then the Breeders' Cup Classic down there (Nov. 4)…He might run one time before that.”

Read more: http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoro ... erts-barn/
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Miss Woodford » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:47 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Quotes from Baffert:
“I think we'll look at the Gold Cup,” joked Baffert, in reference to the Grade I Gold Cup at Santa Anita on May 27. “He's a little fresh. We'll back off of him for about 30 days…We'll train him, but he won't breeze for 30 days…He tells us what he wants to do…We'll have to do something with him.
“He'll run in the Pacific Classic (Grade I, $1 million at Del Mar on Aug. 19) and then the Breeders' Cup Classic down there (Nov. 4)…He might run one time before that.”

Uh...why is this considered a joke? Is it that remarkable for a horse to race 2 months after Dubai? Didn't Cigar win the Mass Cap 2 months after his DWC?
Miss Woodford

Postby Squeaky » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:47 pm

Here is the main Arrogate thread...maybe need to combine with the other one?
Squeaky

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Squeaky wrote:Here is the main Arrogate thread...maybe need to combine with the other one?

Oh sorry. Thought it odd that the last post was so old, but it came up first on the Search.
I'll repost the story here.

Arrogate promising new lease of life for US branch of Juddmonte
Keen anticipation is hovering around the Kentucky branch of Khalid Abdullah’s Juddmonte Farms - currently home only to the admirable but ageing Mizzen Mast - as the staff acknowledges the strong possibility they will welcome world champion Arrogate for stud duty in 2018.

“Everything is pointing toward him coming to the farm,” said Juddmonte’s American manager, Garrett O’Rourke. “But we’re not going to make any official announcement because there are so many things happening with racing and prize-money that there are a lot of things we can present to Prince Khalid to see what he wants to do. We obviously have a big breeding operation - but Arrogate would fit in beautifully.”

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/bloodstock-news/arrogate-promising-new-lease-of-life-for-us-branch-of-juddmonte/281972?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Bloodstock&utm_content=Arrogate
Sparrow Castle

Postby Kay16 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:32 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Quotes from Baffert:

Enjoy him now. We'll probably only get to see him twice more if we're lucky.
Kay16

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:51 pm

You believe he won't run in a second Pegasus? :? Just the Pacific Classic and the BC Classic?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Izvestia » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:20 am

A 5 month break and a 3 month break? Is he that fragile??? What kind of horse needs to be in training all that time if their not racing.
The horse is incredible, and I'm sure he could handle 2 more races!
Izvestia

PreviousNext

Return to Racing