Arrogate

Re: Arrogate

Postby stark » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:20 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:He was the fastest of 21 works too (47:20 was official time). I hope xbtv has a video of it soon :)

http://www.xbtv.com/video/workout/arrog ... c-classic/
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Diver52 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:42 pm

He sure looks a lot more enthusiastic than he did ten days ago! I see Bob took my advice and dumped the target. :lol:
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby Squeaky » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Noticed he had his head turned out to the right around the turn as if looking at the stands then straightened out down the stretch. Still worried about possible soundness issues. I am a huge Arrogate fan but thought Accelerate's work was more impressive today. With Accelerate and Collected in the race, Arro better be in a running mood for the PC. Hope they continue to encourage more speed in his works, especially in the beginning so he doesn't fall too far behind early in the race. I'll be rooting for him for sure!
Squeaky

Postby Kay16 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:59 am

Squeaky wrote:Noticed he had his head turned out to the right around the turn as if looking at the stands then straightened out down the stretch. Still worried about possible soundness issues. I am a huge Arrogate fan but thought Accelerate's work was more impressive today. With Accelerate and Collected in the race, Arro better be in a running mood for the PC. Hope they continue to encourage more speed in his works, especially in the beginning so he doesn't fall too far behind early in the race. I'll be rooting for him for sure!

I think you're looking too hard.
And if Arrogate is anywhere near his best, they'll need serious running shoes. Won't matter where he is in the race, that's proven.

He looked like he needed a tune up before his last race. He looks like those cylinders are firing up now.
Kay16

Postby Squeaky » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:20 am

Hope you are right! Would love to see Arro return to his best.
Squeaky

Postby peeptoad » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:39 am

stark wrote:
CoronadosQuest wrote:He was the fastest of 21 works too (47:20 was official time). I hope xbtv has a video of it soon :)

http://www.xbtv.com/video/workout/arrog ... c-classic/

He looked fantastic imo, but I thought he looked great prior to his last as well. I also don't really see his head being cocked to the right, except when he's coming off the turn, but I think that's just because he's cornering, while still accelerating.
Man, I love these summer stakes races coast to coast... can't wait to see Arrogate in action again.
peeptoad

Postby katmandu » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:50 pm

He is somewhat bent to the right all the way down the backstretch, it's just more apparent when he comes around the corner. His head is cocked when he is on his left lead, when he switches to the right, he straightens.

The current version of his defeat in the San Diego is that he hadn't fully recovered from his work just prior to the race. I find that much more believable than he was short. He didn't run like a short horse, he didn't run at all.
katmandu

Postby Kay16 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Squeaky wrote:Hope you are right! Would love to see Arro return to his best.

Me too!
Kay16

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:14 pm

He didn't run like a short horse, he didn't run at all.

And that's the thing that worries me...even a 80-90% Arrogate should have done better in the San Diego. He just didn't run.
If the problem isn't fitness or sudden loss of the ability to run fast (which his recent work indicates he still has), then what if the problem is between his ears? :?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby peeptoad » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:42 pm

katmandu wrote:He is somewhat bent to the right all the way down the backstretch, it's just more apparent when he comes around the corner. His head is cocked when he is on his left lead, when he switches to the right, he straightens.

The current version of his defeat in the San Diego is that he hadn't fully recovered from his work just prior to the race. I find that much more believable than he was short. He didn't run like a short horse, he didn't run at all.

Ah, I'll watch the vid again. I was watching his overall stride and not really focused on his head specifically until he was coming off the turn into the stretch.
peeptoad

PreviousNext

Return to Racing