Tepin

Re: Tepin

Postby Kennedy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:31 pm

I see the reasons to be possibly skeptical about her in the BC given the very short price she is likely to be but I also think that she had every reason to be less than 100% here. Not many horses are at their sharpest when coming back from a big overseas trip. Whether it be because they cannot recover or because their connections are nervous about it and don't really train them hard, preferring to let them have a race. This was a great time to go against Tepin and no one could capitalize.

I would expect her to be better in the Mile and she has plenty of time now to recover. Personally I'm not skeptical of her in the Mile I'm fearful because she's the horse to beat at a short price and she'll take some beating.
Kennedy

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Tepin had her win streak broken in the First Lady as Photo Call went to the front and opened up what turned out to be an insurmountable lead, especially with Keeneland's short stretch. Kent D. managed a high-class jewel theft right under everyone's noses. :o
BaroqueAgain1

Postby arkle » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:17 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Tepin had her win streak broken in the First Lady as Photo Call went to the front and opened up what turned out to be an insurmountable lead, especially with Keeneland's short stretch. Kent D. managed a high-class jewel theft right under everyone's noses. :o

Laperoux should lose the ride on her for that bit of idiocy.
arkle

Postby Treve » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:20 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Tepin had her win streak broken in the First Lady as Photo Call went to the front and opened up what turned out to be an insurmountable lead, especially with Keeneland's short stretch. Kent D. managed a high-class jewel theft right under everyone's noses. :o

:O I'll have to watch the replay.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Matt Converse » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:32 pm

Newbies at the track for the first time with their "expert" friends:
"I thought you kept saying don't even worry about that horse?"
Matt Converse

Postby sweettalk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:35 pm

she wasn't going particularly fast, i was very surprised no one went with her and equally not surprised she pulled it off.

i don't think tepin was 100% last out and i wonder if her ride/pace/weird race play-out beat her today, or? she was much the best in 2nd, though. maybe her odds in the BC will drift up a little.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby Somnambulist » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:29 pm

I doubt this effects her odds at all. Unless she's showing a downward figure progression.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Tessablue » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:41 pm

Somnambulist wrote:I doubt this effects her odds at all. Unless she's showing a downward figure progression.

In a normal race probably not, but I think the general betting public gets pretty weird about winning streaks and/or last-out wins. I'd suspect that a lot of people just look at the race line and think "oh, she lost last time, she must be getting worse." Same goes for Flintshire.

Of course this could just be wishful thinking, I'm having dreams of getting Flintshire at even money or higher...
Tessablue

Postby sweettalk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:44 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:I doubt this effects her odds at all. Unless she's showing a downward figure progression.

In a normal race probably not, but I think the general betting public gets pretty weird about winning streaks and/or last-out wins. I'd suspect that a lot of people just look at the race line and think "oh, she lost last time, she must be getting worse." Same goes for Flintshire.

Of course this could just be wishful thinking, I'm having dreams of getting Flintshire at even money or higher...

i'd love to see them both at slightly higher odds than normal (for them), and i don't even bet. but it'd be fun for those here that do.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby Somnambulist » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Tessablue wrote:

If by higher odds you mean 2-1 as opposed to 4/5 then yes, I think you'll get those. Moreso with Flintshire than Tepin.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

PreviousNext

Return to Racing