Tepin

Tepin

Postby Somnambulist » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:58 pm

I'm sorry to add to all the individual horse threads.. I sort of find them cumbersome, but damn.

I love this horse. She's great. I feel particular pride over her since I had her in the p3 on the Belmont undercard, and sang her praises to someone who doubted her. Sadly I felt horrible about her chances in the Mile and she was literally the only horse in the field I didn't include on my time.. save a few others. Womp. A lot of beer and some African food made up for it.

Anyway. Go Tepin!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Re: Tepin

Postby dustino140 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Her turn of foot has become exceptional. Today's race was indicative of the level (G3) but she has the talent to be one that everyone remembers.
dustino140

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:11 pm

She is really special. If any horse deserves to go to Ascot, she may be the one.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Starine » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Watchmaker: Tepin confirms status as America's top turf runner (w/replay of Endeavour)
http://www.drf.com/news/watchmaker-tepi ... urf-runner
Starine

Postby BlindLucky » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Tepin Eyeing Start at Royal Ascot

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/te ... yal-ascot/

Tepin has been invited to compete in the G1 Queen Anne S. at the Royal Ascot meet, an invitation owner Bob Masterson is eager to accept. The invitation came after the 5-year-old mare kicked off her 2016 campaign with an easy win Saturday at Tampa Bay Downs in the GIII Endeavour S.

“We had been thinking about taking her to Ascot way back after she won the GI Breeders’ Cup Mile last year,” Masterson said. “Now, they’ve reached out to us and asked us to come. That, alone, is quite a thrill and an honor.”

The Queen Anne will be held June 14, which gives Masterson plenty of time to make a final decision, but he said that if his mare remains in top form in the months ahead that he would “love to go.”
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby WarBiscuit » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Happy to see that Tepin has her own thread here. Those two losses at Saratoga last summer that prevented her from having a perfect 2015 season were
heartbreaking for those on her bandwagon. She was in full throttle at the wire in both the Diana and Ballston Spa, and may have won both with a fortunate head bob.
Agree with Dustin with regard to her talent, and I look forward to watching her wherever she races.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby Starine » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Tepin, trainer Mark Casse face classy field in Hillsborough Stakes
http://www.drf.com/news/tepin-trainer-m ... ugh-stakes
Starine

Postby dustino140 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:55 pm

It's a weird race. More early speed than I've almost ever seen in a graded stakes route on the lawn. My heart says Tepin but thinking the setup favors Ball Dancing.
dustino140

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:16 pm

Tepin won, but she had to really kick it in coming down the stretch. Isabella Sings nearly pulled a Presious Passion on her...went out by 15-20 lengths and was still well in front of the rest of the field at the wire. Just couldn't hold off the wonderful Tepin.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Flanders » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:17 pm

and a new track record.
Flanders

Next

Return to Racing