Re: Interesting/funny horse names

Postby BlindLucky » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Oneballnostrikes.

He's a ridgling :lol:
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 am

carole wrote:Lol you guys might not have heard this story over in America but there was a competition in the UK to name a Royal Research Ship and the name that was voted as the top suggestion was Boaty McBoatface. Now it is unlikely that this name will be actually chosen for the ship, but some Aussies found it hilarious and they named their horse....

Horsey McHorseface! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Racing Post did an article on this gelding
http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd? ... category=0

Horsey McHorseface To Debut At Kembla
Cult three-year-old Horsey McHorseface is set to make his long-awaited debut when he steps out in a Kembla Grange maiden on Saturday.

“He’ll run on Saturday for sure. He is all set to go. We’ve given him time and he has trialled well. He is in good order although whatever he does he will improve off it,” said trainer Bjorn Baker.

“He has a bit of a following and the owners are excited to see him. They are all looking forward to it. We’ll have a good look at him on Saturday.”

The Nadeem gelding was cheekily named in a nod to Boaty McBoatface which was the leading public choice in a poll to title a British research vessel. While that name didn’t stick – with figure heads instead opting for the safer option of ‘RSS Sir David Attenborough’ – Horsey McHorseface isn’t going anywhere.

http://www.racingnsw.com.au/article-display/Horsey-McHorseface-To-Make-Debut/22653
Sparrow Castle

Postby serenassong » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:10 am

BlindLucky wrote:Oneballnostrikes.

He's a ridgling :lol:

That's so funny! I was thinking that he may have A. P. Indy somewhere- and he does on the dam side.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Little Watermelon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:29 pm

My new favorite horse name, Positive Waves, 1st time starter at Belmont tomorrow.

"always with the negative waves, Moriarity"
Little Watermelon

Postby Big Ten » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:36 pm

The most interesting name pointed to the Kentucky Derby is Battle of Midway.
Chris Nolan has a film called Dunkirk this year, so seeing a name like Battle of Midway instantly gave me images of WW2. The irony since Trump looks like he wants to ignite WW3. BoM was the first name to catch my eye for some reason. No wit. Just for historic reference.

Battle of Midway could be a live one with less speed in the race. 50-1? 30-1? "Bombs away" longshot indeed. Go Rick Porter and our admin, Victoria Keith. Wouldn't it be cool to see V in the Ky Derby winner's circle?
Rock Hard Ten. Zenyatta. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. California Chrome. American Pharoah. Seattle Slew. Secretariat. Affirmed.
Big Ten

Postby ThreeMustangs » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
carole wrote:Lol you guys might not have heard this story over in America but there was a competition in the UK to name a Royal Research Ship and the name that was voted as the top suggestion was Boaty McBoatface. Now it is unlikely that this name will be actually chosen for the ship, but some Aussies found it hilarious and they named their horse....

Horsey McHorseface! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Racing Post did an article on this gelding
http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd? ... category=0

Horsey McHorseface To Debut At Kembla
Cult three-year-old Horsey McHorseface is set to make his long-awaited debut when he steps out in a Kembla Grange maiden on Saturday.

“He’ll run on Saturday for sure. He is all set to go. We’ve given him time and he has trialled well. He is in good order although whatever he does he will improve off it,” said trainer Bjorn Baker.

“He has a bit of a following and the owners are excited to see him. They are all looking forward to it. We’ll have a good look at him on Saturday.”

The Nadeem gelding was cheekily named in a nod to Boaty McBoatface which was the leading public choice in a poll to title a British research vessel. While that name didn’t stick – with figure heads instead opting for the safer option of ‘RSS Sir David Attenborough’ – Horsey McHorseface isn’t going anywhere.

http://www.racingnsw.com.au/article-display/Horsey-McHorseface-To-Make-Debut/22653

Horsey McHorseface broke his maiden today in his third start. He had placed in his other two races.
ThreeMustangs

Postby BlindLucky » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:21 pm

If you like the Grateful Dead, we just shipped Sunshine Daydream to the track. She's been working at Margaux Farm and is ready to step up her game :D
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:43 pm

BlindLucky wrote:If you like the Grateful Dead, we just shipped Sunshine Daydream to the track. She's been working at Margaux Farm and is ready to step up her game :D

Best of luck with her, BlindLucky! Ownership is certainly a trip of hopes and dreams, love her name.
Sparrow Castle

Previous

Return to Racing