Songbird

Re: Songbird

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:29 pm

I love the fact that neither Smith nor Stevens is shown using the whip...just giving a strong hand ride to their mounts, who were both running as hard as they could.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Izvestia » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:14 am

Hard angle to see, but Songbird looks a lot bigger than Beholder. I also loved the hand riding.
Izvestia

Postby Insane Crazy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:48 am

Talk about a torch passing. Two juvie fillies winners, just one happens to be six, and the other three. A greatest of all time narrowly beating the undefeated next generation -- setting the stage for her rise from princess to queen.

Hoo boy. Those mares sure know how to write a story.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby Senator L » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:38 pm

a helluva race, for some reason I thought Mike misjudged the finish line.
Reminded me of the 1989 Preakness Sunday Silence/ Easy Goer
one for the ages
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
Senator L

Postby sweettalk » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:43 pm

Senator L wrote:a helluva race, for some reason I thought Mike misjudged the finish line.
Reminded me of the 1989 Preakness Sunday Silence/ Easy Goer
one for the ages

he didn't misjudge anything. she lost by centimeters to one of the best mares we've seen in a very long time. she doesn't need an excuse.
We are tracking your eye movement as you read this signature so we can find out which letters are your favorite. Interesting.
sweettalk

Postby Senator L » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:46 pm

when I was watching the race I thought he had her. Beholder won, a game horse
your the one using the word excuse, not me
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
Senator L

Postby sweettalk » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Senator L wrote:when I was watching the race I thought he had her. Beholder won, a game horse
your the one using the word excuse, not me

what else would you call "he misjudged the wire"? why even bring that up if you aren't using it as an excuse?
We are tracking your eye movement as you read this signature so we can find out which letters are your favorite. Interesting.
sweettalk

Postby Admin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Izvestia wrote:Hard angle to see, but Songbird looks a lot bigger than Beholder. I also loved the hand riding.

She's not. They looked to me to be about the same height, and Beholder is heftier while Songbird is lean.

It was a heck of a race. I almost posted here the night before last, saying thanks but mostly how I want all to come home safe. We'd been in 3 BC races, and in the two we finished best (Round Pond win and Hard Spun second), a horse died. I felt like I was jinxing so erased my post. Unfortunately, we again finish second and a horse died in the race. It casts such a pall on the good efforts.

Proud of Songbird. She needed to step up and she did. There's no shame in it taking a 4-time champion to beat her (and by only an inch at that).

I'm a long-time fan of Beholder so it's nice that she went out with a win.
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Treve » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Admin wrote:
Izvestia wrote:Hard angle to see, but Songbird looks a lot bigger than Beholder. I also loved the hand riding.

She's not. They looked to me to be about the same height, and Beholder is heftier while Songbird is lean.

It was a heck of a race. I almost posted here the night before last, saying thanks but mostly how I want all to come home safe. We'd been in 3 BC races, and in the two we finished best (Round Pond win and Hard Spun second), a horse died. I felt like I was jinxing so erased my post. Unfortunately, we again finish second and a horse died in the race. It casts such a pall on the good efforts.

Proud of Songbird. She needed to step up and she did. There's no shame in it taking a 4-time champion to beat her (and by only an inch at that).

I'm a long-time fan of Beholder so it's nice that she went out with a win.

I have nothing but congrats for you and Songbird. Bet she's tired today.
Re: the jinx, no one died last year when Songbird won the BC Juvie fillies.
I agree it is hard to celebrate when it happens though. But hopefully there will be the opportunity to celebrate again around Eclipse time ;)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby PJMIII » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:22 am

Songbird to WinStar for Freshening

Fox Hill Farm's champion Songbird will get a freshening at WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky., before returning to Hall of Fame trainer Jerry Hollendorfer for her 4-year-old campaign.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... freshening
PJMIII

PreviousNext

Return to Racing