Songbird

Re: Songbird

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:01 pm

While it would have made the Beholder a fabulous, BC Distaff-level race to have Stellar Wind, Songbird and Vale Dori facing each other, I guess we can wait a while to have that face-off. :P
This also frees up Mike Smith to ride Vale Dori in the Beholder, and I really hope Bob puts Mike up. IIRC, VD was not a happy gal when Bejarano rode her in her last race. Yes, she won, but she was angrily wringing her tail like a propeller coming down the stretch. IMO, Raf has a heavy hand with his whip. :(
Mike seems to have a much better way with nervous, sensitive fillies and mares.
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby stark » Wed May 31, 2017 4:39 pm

7 furlongs in 1:25n4 this morning @ Santa Anita
http://www.xbtv.com/video/songbird-(outside)-worked-7-furlongs-in-1/songbird-outside-worked-7-furlongs-in-125-40-in-company-with-plastered-at-santa-anita-park-on-may-31st-2017/
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:45 pm

As Songbird Starts Season, Porter Starts New Treatment
Owner Rick Porter will not be in attendance at Belmont Park June 10 when his Songbird makes her 4-year-old debut in the Ogden Phipps Stakes (G1) on the June 10 Belmont Stakes (G1) undercard.

Although Porter will be staying in a nice hotel in the Boston area, he is not sure of his host's television line-up, which means he might have to make a Paul Revere-type ride through the city in search of a bar that offers NBCSN or TVG.

Porter starts an experimental cancer treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital this week, seeking to reverse the growth of tumors that have plagued him the past two years. His acceptance into the outpatient program has been championed by Spendthrift Farm owner B. Wayne Hughes, who is connected to the hospital.

Porter reported the treatment, which involves the removal, transformation, and re-insertion of cells, has, in trials, led to a 60% complete remission rate and 20% partial remission rate in patients.

More: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/221942/as-songbird-starts-season-porter-starts-new-treatment?utm_source=BHTW&utm_medium=social

Sending prayers and best wishes to Mr. Porter!
Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:05 pm

I hope Mr. Porter has great success with this treatment, and that he finds a comfy place to watch his lovely filly run.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:40 pm

God bless Mr. Rick Porter. May his treatment be a complete success and may he live to enjoy Songbird's racing and breeding careers to the fullest.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby peeptoad » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:23 pm

6 to challenge Songbird: http://live.drf.com/nuggets/37086

Bar of Gold
Carina Mia
Factory of Faith
Highway Star
Paid Up Subscriber
Verve's Tale
peeptoad

Postby stark » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:40 pm

peeptoad wrote:6 to challenge Songbird: http://live.drf.com/nuggets/37086

Bar of Gold
Carina Mia
Factory of Faith
Highway Star
Paid Up Subscriber
Verve's Tale

Songbird is probably understandably nervous about her decision to leave the 3 horse field behind on the West Coast and face these monsters.
She has 6 G1 victories all to herself, the rest of the field has a combined zero.
What will her morning line odds be......1/5?

And let's not forget Mr. Hollendorfer's quote from a couple of weeks ago......“The degree of difficulty between the two races is probably about the same,” Hollendorfer told the Form. “But one purse is 750, and the other purse is 400. That was a big factor.
stark

Postby ThreeMustangs » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Carina Mia is a G1 winner. She won the Acorn last year. So Songbird has 6x the number of G1 wins than the rest of the field. :D
ThreeMustangs

Postby stark » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:55 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:Carina Mia is a G1 winner. She won the Acorn last year. So Songbird has 6x the number of G1 wins than the rest of the field. :D

Thanks, I knew I should've looked that up before typing about it :oops:
stark

Postby Life At Zen » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Thanks to Fox Hill Farm's generosity, I won two tickets to sit with Victoria in box seats! I'll also be able to be in the paddock for Songbird's race, and the Winners Circle should she win!!! Unbelievable!!! I just landed in Toronto and in tears.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

PreviousNext

Return to Racing