Songbird

Re: Songbird

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:54 pm

It seems like the possibility of Songbird going in the Pacific Classic is a fairly recent development. Leaving aside a rider's desire to NOT piss off a major trainer...maybe THE major trainer...I would guess that, since Baffert has had well-established plans to run Arro in the Pacific Classic, Mike has already committed to the big grey.
Even if his heart is with Songbird, IMHO Mike is too professional to go back on an agreement to ride a horse.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Somnambulist » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:42 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It seems like the possibility of Songbird going in the Pacific Classic is a fairly recent development. Leaving aside a rider's desire to NOT piss off a major trainer...maybe THE major trainer...I would guess that, since Baffert has had well-established plans to run Arro in the Pacific Classic, Mike has already committed to the big grey.
Even if his heart is with Songbird, IMHO Mike is too professional to go back on an agreement to ride a horse.

I feel like this is because Arrogate might divert to the Woodward.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby luvsgeldings » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:16 pm

gotta say... would LOVE to see gary stevens up on Songbird (if she needed another rider) - would absolutely love that.

and would also LOVE to see Songbird run in the Pac Classic - and win the thing!! - Beholder did it beautifully - and I absolutely believe the lovely Songbird could do the same - it would be a joy to root for her if she runs in it.
luvsgeldings

Postby Treve » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:22 pm

Did I understand correctly that Vale Dori might also be under consideration for the Pac Classic? If all ladies show up to dance, Arrogate or no, it might prove to be a very exciting race.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Starine » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:59 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It seems like the possibility of Songbird going in the Pacific Classic is a fairly recent development. Leaving aside a rider's desire to NOT piss off a major trainer...maybe THE major trainer...I would guess that, since Baffert has had well-established plans to run Arro in the Pacific Classic, Mike has already committed to the big grey.

I feel like this is because Arrogate might divert to the Woodward.

And although Baffert says the Woodward is a backup option, I would not be surprised at all to see him pass on the Pacific Classic. He didn't run a lick at Del Mar; even if it's a long ship it would mean he would run over a track he is clearly comfortable over.
Starine

Postby blamethewinner » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:13 pm

There's about as much chance of Songbird running in the Pacific Classic as there is of her running in the Arc.
blamethewinner

Postby stark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:29 am

David Grening‏ @DRFGrening

Songbird will run in G1 Personal Ensign at Saratoga on Aug. 26, owner Rick Porter said.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby PJMIII » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:53 am

Songbird (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: August 13, 2017
Track: DEL MAR
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.01:00 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
PJMIII

Postby carole » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Thought this was appropriate to post here, fantastic news!

Claire Novak‏ @BH_CNovak 9h9 hours ago
Fantastic news this am via @Fox_Hill_Farm - owner Rick Porter's recent test results show he is cancer-free, in complete remission!
carole

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:34 pm

:D :D :D
(Really want that Dancing Banana emoji right now.) :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Racing