Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 36:60 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
PJMIII

Re: Songbird

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Songbird works three-eighths, possible for Beholder Mile
Songbird, who returned the worktab on April 9 with a three-eighths move in :35.80, could make her four-year-old debut against Stellar Wind in the Beholder Mile (G1) on June 3.

“If all works out, she could be ready for that, if everything’s going the way it’s going right now,” assistant trainer Dan Ward said.

The Beholder Mile, previously called the Vanity Mile, was renamed in honor of four-time champion and three-time Breeders’ Cup heroine Beholder. Songbird suffered her first career loss when Beholder stuck her nose in front on the wire of the 2016 Breeders’ Cup Distaff (G1) to conclude her five seasons of competition.

http://www.brisnet.com/content/2017/04/songbird-works-three-eighths-possible-beholder-mile/
Sparrow Castle

Postby Treve » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:19 pm

Can't wait to see her run again! If all the ladies remain sound and on form this year's Distaff is going to be terribly exciting!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby PJMIII » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:30 am

Songbird (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: April 22, 2017
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 48:80 Handily
PJMIII

Postby PJMIII » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:52 am

Songbird (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: April 28, 2017
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 48:40 Handily
PJMIII

Postby Big Ten » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:24 pm

Treve wrote:Can't wait to see her run again! If all the ladies remain sound and on form this year's Distaff is going to be terribly exciting!
Same. I never seen many of these horses during the last six years in person, so looking forward to seeing Songbird on June 3. An appetizer before catching Arrogate in Del Mar.

Rooting for her to win the race named after the mare who beat her while beating the mare who beat that mare twice last year. And watching a happy V at the winner's circle like what we saw in the 2015 BCJF standing behind Mike Smith only makes TBC members like myself smile. Want to see our Admin happy again at the Santa Anita winner's circle on June 3. :)
Rock Hard Ten. Zenyatta. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. California Chrome. American Pharoah. Seattle Slew. Secretariat. Affirmed.
Big Ten

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Big Ten wrote:
Treve wrote:Can't wait to see her run again! If all the ladies remain sound and on form this year's Distaff is going to be terribly exciting!
Same. I never seen many of these horses during the last six years in person, so looking forward to seeing Songbird on June 3. An appetizer before catching Arrogate in Del Mar.

Rooting for her to win the race named after the mare who beat her while beating the mare who beat that mare twice last year. And watching a happy V at the winner's circle like what we saw in the 2015 BCJF standing behind Mike Smith only makes TBC members like myself smile. Want to see our Admin happy again at the Santa Anita winner's circle on June 3. :)

That's really sweet. Thanks. ;-)

Rick may opt for the Ogden Phipps for her first race back. Not only is it almost twice the purse, but there's a better chance that Rick could make the race if it's in NY than in CA.

Just wanted to give a heads up regarding that possibility.
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
Admin
Site Admin

Postby blamethewinner » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:50 pm

Admin wrote:
Big Ten wrote:

That's really sweet. Thanks. ;-)

Rick may opt for the Ogden Phipps for her first race back. Not only is it almost twice the purse, but there's a better chance that Rick could make the race if it's in NY than in CA.

That's great to hear and very smart.
blamethewinner

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Mon May 01, 2017 12:18 am

Admin wrote:Rick may opt for the Ogden Phipps for her first race back. Not only is it almost twice the purse, but there's a better chance that Rick could make the race if it's in NY than in CA.

Admin, I wish Rick and his beautiful filly the very best of everything. I hope both of them have long, healthy and happy lives, and also that this year Songbird brings Rick even more joy and thrills than before.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Dusty » Mon May 01, 2017 1:58 am

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
Admin wrote:Rick may opt for the Ogden Phipps for her first race back. Not only is it almost twice the purse, but there's a better chance that Rick could make the race if it's in NY than in CA.

Admin, I wish Rick and his beautiful filly the very best of everything. I hope both of them have long, healthy and happy lives, and also that this year Songbird brings Rick even more joy and thrills than before.

Ditto the wishes of Ridan - I just want to see her run - so wish I could meet her - what an incredible filly! As always - BEST TO HER RICK AND FoxHill
May they run with the WIND
Dusty

PreviousNext

Return to Racing