Songbird

Re: Songbird

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:50 pm

That's too bad. So fresh that she's literally 'kicking down the barn?' :shock:
Hope she gets to use all that pent-up energy in a race soon.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Songbird is such a great and beautiful filly. I wish her only the very best as she recovers from the minor injury and gets back to racing.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Fox Hill Farm (Facebook)
We're very happy to report that Songbird returned to the track this morning at 100% after the recent incident that we think occurred by kicking her stall wall. We had been taking it slowly with Songbird because she had some bone bruising at the end of her last campaign. We misjudged the timing in getting her back to the races because there was a little area in the bone that was being stubborn to heal. That is fully healed, as has the slight inflammation from kicking the wall, so now it's full steam ahead. It will take a couple months before she's ready to race, and we'll report when we know we're getting close and the race we are aiming for. --RICK
Sparrow Castle

Postby luvsgeldings » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:18 pm

cannot wait to see this beauty again - missed her!!
luvsgeldings

Postby Dusty » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Ohhh GOOD NEWS! Cannot wait to see her again!
May they run with the WIND
Dusty

Postby PJMIII » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:09 am

Songbird (4-Year-Old Filly)
Date: April 9, 2017
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 35:80 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
PJMIII

Postby stark » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:09 pm

IF all the stars lined up this year and the BCC and Pegasus were both looking for a fresh face, I wonder....
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby luvsgeldings » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:09 pm

thought I just read something somewhere about Songbird possibly going in the Pacific Classic(?) - which would be awesome - and I can only hope she runs in the Classic this year and the Pegasus next year too - would absolutely truly sincerely LOVE to see her beat arro. in any of those races. and preferably ALL of them - - and then the next question would be..... who do they get to ride her in those races assuming smith stays on arro. pretty sure ol baff said arro would be pointing to the pacific classic next.
luvsgeldings

Postby CoronadosQuest » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:35 pm

luvsgeldings wrote:thought I just read something somewhere about Songbird possibly going in the Pacific Classic(?) - which would be awesome - and I can only hope she runs in the Classic this year and the Pegasus next year too - would absolutely truly sincerely LOVE to see her beat arro. in any of those races. and preferably ALL of them - - and then the next question would be..... who do they get to ride her in those races assuming smith stays on arro. pretty sure ol baff said arro would be pointing to the pacific classic next.

He did mention it.. this ist he quote:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... onors-loom

As Porter's plan unfolds, the campaign gears up to a potential the owner still maintains could become reality—a long-awaited race against the boys.

"There's a couple races in August," he said. "There's the Personal Ensign (G1) at Saratoga, and there's a race at Del Mar on the 20th that would be against the boys—the Pacific Classic (G1). That's a possibility. It depends on whether I think we could win it. We can look at the numbers and times and this and that, and if we think we can be competitive against the boys, we'll do it. I'm not afraid to get beat, but I want to be competitive."
CoronadosQuest

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:57 pm

If Arrogate goes in the Pacific Classic, I suspect that Songbird will be going elsewhere. She's a marvelous racehorse, but I'm not sure that her first race against males should be against the Arro-monster. :shock:
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Racing