NBC/NBCSN to present 9.5 hours of BC coverage

With Anticipation

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:38 pm

The 30th running of the Breeders’ Cup Classic will be broadcast live in primetime on Saturday, November 2, culminating 9 1/2 hours of Breeders’ Cup World Championships coverage over two days by the NBC Sports Group from Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif. All 14 Breeders’ Cup races will be televised live by NBC and NBCSN (formerly the NBC Sports Network).

2013 BREEDERS’ CUP TELEVISION SCHEDULE:

All Times Live, ET
Friday, November 1 4-8 p.m. NBCSN
Saturday, November 2 3:30-8 p.m. NBCSN
Saturday, November 2 8-9 p.m. NBC

COMMENTATORS:
The coverage of the Breeders’ Cup will feature host Tom Hammond, Hall-of-Fame jockey Jerry Bailey, analyst Randy Moss; contributing analysts/handicappers Mike Battaglia and Bob Neumeier; host/reporter Laffit Pincay, III; reporters Kenny Rice, Donna Brothers, Jay Privman and Nick Luck. Larry Collmus will call all of the Breeders’ Cup races on the telecasts. Additionally, Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush will host the first half hour of the primetime hour.

http://m.breederscup.com/article/nbc-ai ... up-classic
pointgivenfan

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Larry Collmus will call all of the Breeders’ Cup races on the telecasts.
Oh snap.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
Summer Bird

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Well this sucks since my college's cable doesn't carry NBC Sports Network :x
BlindLucky

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Summer Bird wrote:Well this sucks since my college's cable doesn't carry NBC Sports Network :x
The article contains some info on streaming, maybe that might be an option?
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Summer Bird

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:57 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:Well this sucks since my college's cable doesn't carry NBC Sports Network :x
The article contains some info on streaming, maybe that might be an option?
I sure hope so! Didn't DRF stream the races last year?
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:50 pm

And there's always the free Calracing.com
I know most of our computer monitors aren't as large as our TVs, but it's better than nothing.
Summer Bird

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:25 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:And there's always the free Calracing.com
I know most of our computer monitors aren't as large as our TVs, but it's better than nothing.
Forgot about that too! Thankfully I can watch the races after all.
flytpthestars

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:34 am

HRTV will cover the races. Thank god I have the channel.. But I will miss the stories that NBCSports will show :(
Flanders

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:25 am

Last year HRTV.com broadcast the BC for free. Normally you would have to pay to watch anything on that site.
Ingrid

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:35 am

As usual, for Canadians, it'll all be broadcast on TSN2. And an hour on NBC on Saturday.
"Grief is the price we pay for love." - Gretchen Jackson
BlindLucky

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:58 am

flytpthestars wrote:HRTV will cover the races. Thank god I have the channel.. But I will miss the stories that NBCSports will show :(
Ironically, I have NBCSports, but I don't have regular NBC! Our local NBC affiliate tried to gouge Dish Network for a ton of money and wouldn't back down, so Dish dropped them.

I do have HRTV though, so on Friday I'll flip back and forth between it and NBCSports. Then on Saturday morning, I'm going to be a crazy person and drive 8 hours to Louisville for first post at Churchill Downs. I was heading to KY anyway, so might as well watch the BC from an actual track since there are none in NC :D
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Bookman

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:40 am

Just like with the Triple Crown, I'll drag an extra TV into the living room. Regular TV on cable the coverage in the first post, TVG. HRTV off the dish, and iPad in hand.
“I wish you could run the races with no jocks and just put chickens on ’em.” - Billy Gowan
Insane Crazy

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:34 am

pointgivenfan wrote:
Oh snap.
Was this something we already knew? This didn't happen last year, right? I'm surprised but quite tickled. I just like Larry.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Bookman

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:
pointgivenfan wrote:
Oh snap.
Was this something we already knew? This didn't happen last year, right? I'm surprised but quite tickled. I just like Larry.
Much more pleasing to the ears than the resident track announcer. I have no appreciation for the sound of Mr. Denman's voice. I've never appreciated the sound of bagpipes either.
“I wish you could run the races with no jocks and just put chickens on ’em.” - Billy Gowan