Job Opportunity in Racing

ThoroBid

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Attention: Horse Racing Fans!

The new online social handicapping platform ThoroBid (https://thorobid.com/) is looking to hire a Data Entry Clerk to cover the races on live racing dates of the 2013 Keeneland Fall Meet, and beyond. Work from home on your own computer; 35-40 hours/week. Current hours approximately 10:30am - 6pm Eastern Wednesdays through Sundays. High-speed internet access and ability to watch races live (on TV or online) is a requirement; significant racing/handicapping knowledge is a plus. Position open to U.S. residents 18 or older only.

Please send inquiries to horsechestnut2@yahoo.com. Thank you!
serenassong

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Ah, man- that would have been perfect for me- except the weekdays are a problem, darn it!

Too bad it not part time for the weekends- but sounds like a great job for whoever gets it!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
ThoroBid

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:56 pm

serenassong wrote:Ah, man- that would have been perfect for me- except the weekdays are a problem, darn it!

Too bad it not part time for the weekends- but sounds like a great job for whoever gets it!
Yep, darn that horse racing for taking place on weekdays, right? :D

This is a new company, and growing. Perhaps there will be other job opportunities in the future. Thanks for your reply!
serenassong

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:49 am

ThoroBid wrote:
serenassong wrote:Ah, man- that would have been perfect for me- except the weekdays are a problem, darn it!

Yep, darn that horse racing for taking place on weekdays, right? :D

This is a new company, and growing. Perhaps there will be other job opportunities in the future. Thanks for your reply!

Your welcome, and thank you- look forward to perhaps something that can work for both of us in the future.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Ballerina

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:07 pm

ThoroBid wrote:Attention: Horse Racing Fans!

The new online social handicapping platform ThoroBid (https://thorobid.com/) is looking to hire a Data Entry Clerk to cover the races on live racing dates of the 2013 Keeneland Fall Meet, and beyond. Work from home on your own computer; 35-40 hours/week. Current hours approximately 10:30am - 6pm Eastern Wednesdays through Sundays. High-speed internet access and ability to watch races live (on TV or online) is a requirement; significant racing/handicapping knowledge is a plus. Position open to U.S. residents 18 or older only.

Please send inquiries to horsechestnut2@yahoo.com. Thank you!
If you're paying a decent salary, you shouldn't have a problem finding someone who meets your specs. Good luck.
Barnfour

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:31 pm

ThoroBid wrote:Attention: Horse Racing Fans!

I'd say Taz would be interested......but the problem would be working HOME from his computer~ :shock:

Right Taz? :D
“The heaviest penalty for declining to the rule is to be ruled by someone inferior to yourself.”
― Plato, The Republic
Ack Ack

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 pm

This is probably a hoax. I responded to the e-mail listed and never got an answer. You would think even if the position was filled they would give you a courtesy reply.
BlindLucky

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Ack Ack wrote:This is probably a hoax. I responded to the e-mail listed and never got an answer. You would think even if the position was filled they would give you a courtesy reply.
Possibly, but over the last few years of getting laid off, I've applied for 150+ jobs/postings and received a response to approximately 20, so it's not that uncommon to not hear back :D

Also, the original post is only 2 days old, so they may not have had a chance to respond.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
ThoroBid

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Thank you to everyone who has replied to our job posting. There has been an overwhelming response in just two days, for which we are grateful. We are sorting through the applications. If you sent an inquiry, you will receive a reply this week.

Thanks again!
Life At Zen

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:53 pm

I would have jumped on this but I live north of the border :(
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
ThoroBid

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:15 pm

A sincere thank you to everyone who inquired about our Data Entry Clerk position. We received several inquiries, and the position has been filled (by a Thoroughbred Champions participant!). Each individual who contacted us about the position has been sent a personal reply by email.

ThoroBid is a new social networking and information-sharing platform that looks at handicapping in a revolutionary way. It is a user-driven website, with user-provided content and handicapping selections. Our website debuted during the 2013 Saratoga meet, is currently covering the Belmont and Keeneland fall meets, and will cover the 2013 Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita as well. We plan to add more racetracks to our menu in the near future. We invite all interested racing fans and handicappers to check us out and share their thoughts with our community. Participation is free.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thorobid
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ThoroBid
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/thorobid

Thanks again for the great response!