Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:50 pm

mariasmon wrote:Madame Milan (1/2 to Barbaro) won the 6th at Delaware.
Had to bet her. She's never been out of the money in five starts and went off at decent odds.

Madame Milan finished 1st by 3 1/2 lengths, on June 16, 2018, at DELAWARE PARK in Race 6.
Off odds: 5.30http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA6.pdf
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Starine wrote:There's an allowance optional claimer Sunday at Gulfstream. Besides $1,000,000 purchase Ruler of the Nile (out of a half-sister to Cairo Prince), the field includes Asterisk (full brother to Dialed In) and Hookup (half-brother to graded winners Gottcha Gold and American Freedom).
Asterisk won 5 lengths over Ruler of the Nile who was clearly second best with a powerful 4 length clearance over Hookup who was according to the chart a length and a half over the rest of the field.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 pm

zoecadman @zoecadman
25m25 minutes ago
Retweeted XBTV
A 1/2 sister by Tapit . #shesnice

XBTV @WatchXBTV
Chasing Yesterday, a sister to American Pharoah hit the track at @santaanitapark on Wednesday for Bob Baffert. Visit http://xbtv.com for more!
https://twitter.com/WatchXBTV/status/10 ... 1614249984
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:zoecadman @zoecadman
25m25 minutes ago
Retweeted XBTV
A 1/2 sister by Tapit . #shesnice

XBTV @WatchXBTV
Chasing Yesterday, a sister to American Pharoah hit the track at @santaanitapark on Wednesday for Bob Baffert. Visit http://xbtv.com for more!
https://twitter.com/WatchXBTV/status/10 ... 1614249984
she had her first timed work earlier this month... she looks big compared to her half-sibs at the same age. Nice to see a video.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Point Given
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:53 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:zoecadman @zoecadman
25m25 minutes ago
Retweeted XBTV
A 1/2 sister by Tapit . #shesnice

XBTV @WatchXBTV
Chasing Yesterday, a sister to American Pharoah hit the track at @santaanitapark on Wednesday for Bob Baffert. Visit http://xbtv.com for more!
https://twitter.com/WatchXBTV/status/10 ... 1614249984
She has a beautiful tail...twice as long as Pharoah's was ;)
stark
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Santa Anita 5th today
Flaversham 12/1

After 5 tries with Stuart Elliot aboard, Tiago Periera takes over the reins today.
Back to the turf today after just one failed attempt two back.
Takes off the blinkers that didn't work the last 3 times.
Back in with Cal-Breds today.
Trainer is currently on a 2/40 streak.
Been working well at LosAlamitos, maybe he should wait a week for that meet?

If he drifts up to 20-1 or so, worth a small play just because of the changes?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Catalina
Posts: 3155
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:09 pm

That is very much not good! I will try and paste Baroque Again's message below this.
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I just watched the replay on Bloodhorse and it looked like Tiago was really laying in to Waya Ed, trying to get him to move up to the leaders. And so he did...right into what looked like a clipped-heels incident, sending the horse head over heels.
Poor Waya Ed. :(
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Not a great debut for Havre de Grace's War Front colt. He broke slow taking a stutter step out of the gate, pulled against the jockey's hold, raced wide and dropped back. The race was won by Calumet's homebred Oxbow colt, Inherent.

River Front finished 6th beaten by 17 3/4 lengths, on June 21, 2018, at GULFSTREAM PARK in Race 2.
Off odds: 14.70
Your comments for this horse were: 2015 War Front - Havre de Grace, by Saint Liam; Timber Town RNA $1.9mil
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA2.pdf
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3830
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Osare (Medaglia d'Oro), Arrogate's 3YO 1/2 sister, broke her maiden today at BEL.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9559
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:49 pm

'Chrome's little brother Faversham just took the 5th at Santa Anita in fine fashion, with a very good kick to pass the leaders and pull away to win by open lengths. Looks like the grass is his future.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 809
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:'Chrome's little brother Faversham just took the 5th at Santa Anita in fine fashion, with a very good kick to pass the leaders and pull away to win by open lengths. Looks like the grass is his future.
Yeah, I wanted to use him today but just couldn’t, in fact I passed the race completely. Nice win though, if he develops more, he might be up to those CA bred turf stakes next year.
stark
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm

stark wrote:Santa Anita 5th today
Flaversham 12/1

After 5 tries with Stuart Elliot aboard, Tiago Periera takes over the reins today.
Back to the turf today after just one failed attempt two back.
Takes off the blinkers that didn't work the last 3 times.
Back in with Cal-Breds today.
Trainer is currently on a 2/40 streak.
Been working well at LosAlamitos, maybe he should wait a week for that meet?

If he drifts up to 20-1 or so, worth a small play just because of the changes?
23-1 at post time
17-1 when the gates opened.
I'll take it, thank you very much!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 809
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:44 pm

stark wrote:
stark wrote:Santa Anita 5th today
Flaversham 12/1

After 5 tries with Stuart Elliot aboard, Tiago Periera takes over the reins today.
Back to the turf today after just one failed attempt two back.
Takes off the blinkers that didn't work the last 3 times.
Back in with Cal-Breds today.
Trainer is currently on a 2/40 streak.
Been working well at LosAlamitos, maybe he should wait a week for that meet?

If he drifts up to 20-1 or so, worth a small play just because of the changes?
23-1 at post time
17-1 when the gates opened.
I'll take it, thank you very much!
Like you, I wanted 20-1 or better. He showed as 17-1 on the feed, I was watching as they were loading. I guess that could have been deemed close enough but I can be a bit stubborn.
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:05 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:'Chrome's little brother Faversham just took the 5th at Santa Anita in fine fashion, with a very good kick to pass the leaders and pull away to win by open lengths. Looks like the grass is his future.
We were touristing at Santa Anita for an hour or so this afternoon, and were at the paddock where my friend took this quick snap when we overheard he was in that race, Stayed for the race, but didn't bet ... darn it all.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5BBE4AF8
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:27 pm

California Chrome's Brother Faversham Breaks Maiden
Put in a call to trainer Art Sherman and you still hear the longing, although more than a year has passed.

"It's been kind of quiet since Chrome left," Sherman said. "I still miss him."

June 21 brought relief for the octogenarian who conditioned two-time Horse of the Year California Chrome through a once-in-a-lifetime career from 2013-2017, as the Lucky Pulpit runner's full brother, Faversham, finally found his sweet spot at Santa Anita Park.

In his fifth start for Sherman, Perry and Denise Martin's sophomore runner got the monkey off his back in a $59,000 maiden special weight for California-breds, when he rallied to a 3 1/4-length victory going a mile on the Santa Anita lawn. Faversham was sent off Thursday at odds of 17-1, but there were times in the chestnut ridgling's career when Sherman would have made the odds even longer for him to ever find the winner's circle.

"You don't know what I went through with this horse," the trainer said. "After being around his brother (and) training his brother, it's hard to compare them. Attitude, build—there's no real comparison. He's not a real good eater. I have to baby him along, feeding him this and that. ... With Chrome you could do anything."
More: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... aks-maiden
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Ha. That was remark when I saw him in the paddock. "Looks like he doesn't like to eat".
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 3958
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:15 pm

mariasmon wrote:Osare (Medaglia d'Oro), Arrogate's 3YO 1/2 sister, broke her maiden today at BEL.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... at-belmont
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:California Chrome's Brother Faversham Breaks Maiden
Put in a call to trainer Art Sherman and you still hear the longing, although more than a year has passed.

"It's been kind of quiet since Chrome left," Sherman said. "I still miss him."

June 21 brought relief for the octogenarian who conditioned two-time Horse of the Year California Chrome through a once-in-a-lifetime career from 2013-2017, as the Lucky Pulpit runner's full brother, Faversham, finally found his sweet spot at Santa Anita Park.

In his fifth start for Sherman, Perry and Denise Martin's sophomore runner got the monkey off his back in a $59,000 maiden special weight for California-breds, when he rallied to a 3 1/4-length victory going a mile on the Santa Anita lawn. Faversham was sent off Thursday at odds of 17-1, but there were times in the chestnut ridgling's career when Sherman would have made the odds even longer for him to ever find the winner's circle.

"You don't know what I went through with this horse," the trainer said. "After being around his brother (and) training his brother, it's hard to compare them. Attitude, build—there's no real comparison. He's not a real good eater. I have to baby him along, feeding him this and that. ... With Chrome you could do anything."
More: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... aks-maiden
Nice, determined win for Faversham. Watched the video replay a couple of times and don't know if it's the turf course at Santa Anita or what, but Fav's stride seemed a little choppy until late when he really turned it on. Art says Fav is not a great eater, and I think you can see it in his build. He's a bit light bodied and not as muscled as I remember Chrome being at 3. But considering the bad luck he's had and loss of confidence that Art described, Fav showed some promise today.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Faversham considers Oceanside Stakes after maiden win
Faversham, a full brother to popular two-time Horse of the Year California Chrome, won for the first time in his career in a maiden race for California-breds on turf Thursday at Santa Anita.

The win left trainer Art Sherman tentatively planning a start in the $100,000 Oceanside Stakes for 3-year-olds on turf July 18 at Del Mar.
More: http://www.drf.com/news/faversham-consi ... nable=true
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2132
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:52 pm

@Frankel1313
3 Deep Impact newcomers this Saturday @LongBallToNoOne All 3 running in the same race at Tokyo.

So the first one is called MI DIOSA (Deep Impact x Mi Sueno), this is a 2 year-old half sister to Group winner Mi Suerte (Frankel). Words have been very good about her.
Image
Post Reply