Page 211 of 230

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 pm
by neighhey
Northport wrote:
Izvestia wrote:Aren’t they typically sprinters?
Most of his Northern Hemisphere stock seem to be, but he sired a lot of classic winners the Southern Hemisphere. I'm having a hard time finding records of his progeny who raced solely in the SH, but Il Campione won G1s from 9.5f to 12f and Dacita had good form beyond a mile.

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/arti ... leo-chile/
El Turf is a great resource for South American racing. You can look up horses by sire. It requires an account, but it is free to sign up.

To answer the question re: winning distances, here's a link to his page on Padrillos en Linea: http://padrillosenlinea.com/rsdp/venta- ... lar=230157

Click on "Statistics" and scroll to the bottom. There's a chart with wins by distance and percentages.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 pm
by Treve
World Affairs 2yo by Cairo Prince (ex Current Events (by Curlin)) seems to be coming along nicely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BRNVoX9F5o

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:22 pm
by Starine
How did I not know that Hawkbill and Free Drop Billy are out of the same mare?

Both will be in action Saturday.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Where is Hawkbill running? I'm a fan of the KJ colt, so thanks in advance. 8-)

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:46 pm
by mariasmon
Starine wrote:How did I not know that Hawkbill and Free Drop Billy are out of the same mare?

Both will be in action Saturday.
They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.

Hawkbill is running in Dubai.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm
by Starine
The Lonhro colt Gronkowski won the Road to the Kentucky Derby conditions stakes at Kempton Park. He's out of the Lookin At Lucky mare Four Sugars (herself a half to Flashy Bull).

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:13 pm
by Starine
mariasmon wrote:They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.
I love More Than Ready so that's definitely a foal I'm excited about. Thanks for the update on Trensa; I was wondering who she went to (and whom she will be bred to this year).

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:10 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Pricedtoperfection (Temple City x Glittering Tax), the full sister to Miss Temple City, is about to run in the 5th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile AOC on the grass.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 pm
by mariasmon
Starine wrote:
mariasmon wrote:They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.
I love More Than Ready so that's definitely a foal I'm excited about. Thanks for the update on Trensa; I was wondering who she went to (and whom she will be bred to this year).
I wonder if Free Drop Billy's success last year made them want to send Trensa back to Union Rags? I'll be interested to see, myself.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 pm
by mariasmon
Mendelssohn is entered for the Patton S. tomorrow at Kempton, along with fellow Aidan O'Brien runners Seahenge and Threeandfourpence (himself a full brother to G1Ws Brave Anna and Hit It a Bomb).

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:21 pm
by mariasmon
mariasmon wrote:Mendelssohn is entered for the Patton S. tomorrow at Kempton, along with fellow Aidan O'Brien runners Seahenge and Threeandfourpence (himself a full brother to G1Ws Brave Anna and Hit It a Bomb).
Mendelssohn won pretty comfortably. Threeandfourpence was 2nd, Seahenge 3rd.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:26 pm
by Starine
Hawkbill holds on in Dubai City of Gold
https://course-specialist.co.uk/interna ... city-gold/

Now we await little bro Free Drop Billy in the Gotham.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:13 am
by tachyon
Liberty Heights(JPN), 2015F. King Kamehameha(JPN) x Dubawi Heights(GB), won the G2 Fillies' Revue 1400m turf at Hanshin on March 11th 2018.

Image
Image

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckylVFeESWk
1st. (#10) Liberty Heights(JPN) F3 King Kamehameha(JPN) x Dubawi Heights(GB)
2nd. (#9) Encore Plus(JPN) F3 Deep Impact(JPN) x Oyster Ticket(JPN)
3rd. (#2) Dernier Or(JPN) F3 Stay Gold(JPN) x Oriental Art(JPN) -- full to Orfevre

These three fillies are qualified for the G1 Oka Sho (Japanese 1000 Guineas).

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:30 pm
by lurkey mclurker
tachyon, hope the jockey who came off the #6 filly was okay?

A little bummed that Dernier Or was hemmed in at the top of the stretch, she was really moving at the end but the winner came flying! Good win for her. :mrgreen:

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 pm
by Point Given
Yoshida (JPN) (4-Year-Old Colt)
(Heart's Cry (JPN) - Hilda's Passion, by Canadian Frontier)
Date: March 13, 2018
Track: PAYSON PARK TRAINING CENTER
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 38:80 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 5/5

Ax Man (3-Year-Old Colt)
(Misremembered - Shameful, by Flying Chevron)
Date: March 13, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.00:40 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 5/103

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:24 am
by Treve
Ruler of the Nile won his debut in convincing fashion by 7 1/4 lengths at Tampa Bay Downs last Saturday in the 2nd. The Todd Pletcher trainee is by Pioneerof the Nile and out of a Heavenly Vision... who is herself Forestry x Holy Bubbette (dam of Outwork, Cairo Prince, Nonna Mia etc). Another promising individual from the potent PotN over Storm Cat nick ;)
His debut was originally supposed to be Feb 24th at Gulfstream but he tossed John Velazquez during the post parade, ran off and was scratched (shades of Classic Empire lol!?)

obviously too late for the Derby trail, but here's a pletcher trainee that could make some noise this summer.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:36 am
by mariasmon
mariasmon wrote:The unnamed 2YO filly o/o G1W Nonsuch Bay already has a work from the gate at Turfway. Ice Wine Stable is the breeder and the filly was not sold publicly, so it's safe to assume Wesley Ward has her and she'll probably run at Keeneland. And also that the gate work at last week was likely not her first breeze, just the first one at a track or training center that reports works to Equibase. Ice Wine bought the mare for $75,000 at KeeJan16 with this Scat Daddy filly in utero and she was bred back to American Pharoah, producing a filly. She returned to him in 2017.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... 90®istry=T#
Name official: Brittas Bay

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:58 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Life's Blessings (Tapit X Indian Blessing) is running in the upcoming 5th at Santa Anita, a 1 1/16-mile AOC for F&M 4yo and up. She's facing only four other horses.

ETA: In her first time around two turns, LB wins impressively. She's not just a sprinter, Todd. :roll:

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:52 pm
by Sparrow Castle
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Life's Blessings (Tapit X Indian Blessing) is running in the upcoming 5th at Santa Anita, a 1 1/16-mile AOC for F&M 4yo and up. She's facing only four other horses.

ETA: In her first time around two turns, LB wins impressively. She's not just a sprinter, Todd. :roll:
That was impressive...she looked like an entirely different filly.

Life's Blessings finished 1st by 2 1/4 lengths, on March 16, 2018, at SANTA ANITA PARK in Race 5.
Off odds: 1.00
Your comments for this horse were: 2014 F Tapit - Indian Blessing, by Indian Charlie
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA5.pdf

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:11 pm
by tachyon
Virtus(JPN), Deep Impact 3yo filly full to Gentildonna, won on debut going 1800m turf at Hanshin 3R Maiden on March 17th 2018.

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyHYy4rOuik
1st. (#2) Virtus(JPN) F3 Deep Imapct(JPN) x Donna Blini(GB)