Page 210 of 231

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:19 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
I didn't realize that we have one more (last?) crop by Scat Daddy headed to the races this year. I hope the filly does well...and gets a name soon. :P

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:29 pm
by Treve
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I didn't realize that we have one more (last?) crop by Scat Daddy headed to the races this year. I hope the filly does well...and gets a name soon. :P
He died in December 2015 so he had one full last breeding season that year and his last crop was hence born in 2016. Dunno how many live foals he had but yes this is the last Scat Daddy crop!

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:44 pm
by Flanders
Treve wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I didn't realize that we have one more (last?) crop by Scat Daddy headed to the races this year. I hope the filly does well...and gets a name soon. :P
He died in December 2015 so he had one full last breeding season that year and his last crop was hence born in 2016. Dunno how many live foals he had but yes this is the last Scat Daddy crop!
160 current 2yos.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:47 pm
by Treve
Thanks Flanders. I suppose that's the upside of Coolmore's huge books.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:05 pm
by Northport
I wonder if any bookies are giving quotes on the Scat Daddy filly for the Queen Mary at Royal Ascot :lol:

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:37 am
by mariasmon
Northport wrote:I wonder if any bookies are giving quotes on the Scat Daddy filly for the Queen Mary at Royal Ascot :lol:
It's as sure a thing as you can get in horse racing that they're already considering her for it :D

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:56 am
by BaroqueAgain1
I wonder how many Scat Daddies are going to make the Derby field this year? Flameaway already has points, Coolmore seems serious about getting Mendelssohn there, and Baffert's Justify just might have the talent. Although he now has to do very well in one of the big preps, plus buck the whole Apollo Curse. ;)

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:52 am
by Izvestia
Aren’t they typically sprinters?

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:52 pm
by Point Given
Ax Man (3-Year-Old Colt)
(Misremembered - Shameful, by Flying Chevron)
Date: March 6, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Six Furlongs
Time: 1.14:20 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 4/5

Yoshida (JPN) (4-Year-Old Colt)
(Heart's Cry (JPN) - Hilda's Passion, by Canadian Frontier)
Date: March 6, 2018
Track: PAYSON PARK TRAINING CENTER
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 39:60 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 9/10

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:32 pm
by Northport
Izvestia wrote:Aren’t they typically sprinters?
Most of his Northern Hemisphere stock seem to be, but he sired a lot of classic winners the Southern Hemisphere. I'm having a hard time finding records of his progeny who raced solely in the SH, but Il Campione won G1s from 9.5f to 12f and Dacita had good form beyond a mile.

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/arti ... leo-chile/

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 pm
by neighhey
Northport wrote:
Izvestia wrote:Aren’t they typically sprinters?
Most of his Northern Hemisphere stock seem to be, but he sired a lot of classic winners the Southern Hemisphere. I'm having a hard time finding records of his progeny who raced solely in the SH, but Il Campione won G1s from 9.5f to 12f and Dacita had good form beyond a mile.

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/arti ... leo-chile/
El Turf is a great resource for South American racing. You can look up horses by sire. It requires an account, but it is free to sign up.

To answer the question re: winning distances, here's a link to his page on Padrillos en Linea: http://padrillosenlinea.com/rsdp/venta- ... lar=230157

Click on "Statistics" and scroll to the bottom. There's a chart with wins by distance and percentages.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 pm
by Treve
World Affairs 2yo by Cairo Prince (ex Current Events (by Curlin)) seems to be coming along nicely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BRNVoX9F5o

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:22 pm
by Starine
How did I not know that Hawkbill and Free Drop Billy are out of the same mare?

Both will be in action Saturday.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Where is Hawkbill running? I'm a fan of the KJ colt, so thanks in advance. 8-)

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:46 pm
by mariasmon
Starine wrote:How did I not know that Hawkbill and Free Drop Billy are out of the same mare?

Both will be in action Saturday.
They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.

Hawkbill is running in Dubai.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm
by Starine
The Lonhro colt Gronkowski won the Road to the Kentucky Derby conditions stakes at Kempton Park. He's out of the Lookin At Lucky mare Four Sugars (herself a half to Flashy Bull).

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:13 pm
by Starine
mariasmon wrote:They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.
I love More Than Ready so that's definitely a foal I'm excited about. Thanks for the update on Trensa; I was wondering who she went to (and whom she will be bred to this year).

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:10 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Pricedtoperfection (Temple City x Glittering Tax), the full sister to Miss Temple City, is about to run in the 5th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile AOC on the grass.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 pm
by mariasmon
Starine wrote:
mariasmon wrote:They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.
I love More Than Ready so that's definitely a foal I'm excited about. Thanks for the update on Trensa; I was wondering who she went to (and whom she will be bred to this year).
I wonder if Free Drop Billy's success last year made them want to send Trensa back to Union Rags? I'll be interested to see, myself.

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 pm
by mariasmon
Mendelssohn is entered for the Patton S. tomorrow at Kempton, along with fellow Aidan O'Brien runners Seahenge and Threeandfourpence (himself a full brother to G1Ws Brave Anna and Hit It a Bomb).