Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:53 pm

I'm the Reason is entered to run on April 13, 2017, at OAKLAWN PARK.

I'm the Reason finished 9th, I think. :(
The impressive winner was Marcy Darcy (Smart Strike - Hot Dixie Chick).
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:20 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'm the Reason is entered to run on April 13, 2017, at OAKLAWN PARK.

I'm the Reason finished 9th, I think. :(
The impressive winner was Marcy Darcy (Smart Strike - Hot Dixie Chick).

Yep, 9th beaten by 21 lengths. The chart:
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/OP041317USA10.pdf
Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 pm

So...what happens if I'm the Reason can't run a step, or at least is not competitive above a modest claiming level? Do you keep trying to find her level, or do you retire her to a breeding farm?
I know this was only her second race, so I suspect that Van Berg will try again with her. However, she's already four, so I would think that she's shown what she is by now.
It's disappointing...I loved Blind Luck. That little chestnut with the high-flying tail and the big kick was a favorite of mine. Hopefully, this is a case of talent skipping a generation, and I'm the Reason turns out to be a successful broodmare. :P
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:So...what happens if I'm the Reason can't run a step, or at least is not competitive above a modest claiming level? Do you keep trying to find her level, or do you retire her to a breeding farm?
I know this was only her second race, so I suspect that Van Berg will try again with her. However, she's already four, so I would think that she's shown what she is by now.
It's disappointing...I loved Blind Luck. That little chestnut with the high-flying tail and the big kick was a favorite of mine. Hopefully, this is a case of talent skipping a generation, and I'm the Reason turns out to be a successful broodmare. :P

It's always been Dr. Mark's plan to breed her. I'd like to see her get another race, even though she didn't show much here. But the meet at Oaklawn is coming to an end I think this weekend. Wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the plug on her racing career. I'd like to hear Jack's thoughts on the race.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:02 pm

mariasmon wrote:Gold Serenade (MDO/Serena's Song) tries on Friday for the 3rd time to break her maiden, R6 at KEE, 8.5F dirt.

Gold Serenade finished 8th beaten by 29 1/2 lengths, on April 14, 2017, at KEENELAND in Race 6.
Off odds: 48.90
Your comments for this horse were: 2014 Medaglia d'Oro - Serena's Song, by Rahy
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/KEE041417USA6.pdf
Sparrow Castle

Postby katmandu » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:So...what happens if I'm the Reason can't run a step, or at least is not competitive above a modest claiming level? Do you keep trying to find her level, or do you retire her to a breeding farm?

It's always been Dr. Mark's plan to breed her. I'd like to see her get another race, even though she didn't show much here. But the meet at Oaklawn is coming to an end I think this weekend. Wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the plug on her racing career. I'd like to hear Jack's thoughts on the race.

Has anyone seen the race? Did something happen to possibly explain the results?

JvB was interviewed on XBTV about her, he describes her as pretty talented with a very good finish in her works.
katmandu

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:26 pm

katmandu wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:

Has anyone seen the race? Did something happen to possibly explain the results?

JvB was interviewed on XBTV about her, he describes her as pretty talented with a very good finish in her works.

I watched the race several times looking for a reason why she did so bad. I just couldn't see anything. I thought she just didn't fire. In retrospect, this girl has been in training for a very long time without making a start. I suppose it's possible she just doesn't understand the whole concept yet? Dunno, guess we'll see if they move her to another track or to the breeding farm.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/race-results/allracing?startDate=4%2F13%2F2017&endDate=4%2F14%2F2017&trackLookupId=1441&type=AllRacing&statesBred=&searchStateBredPlacers=false
Sparrow Castle

Postby Starine » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:45 pm

American Patriot, by War Front, won the Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT). His dam is a full sister to Well Armed.
Starine

Postby mariasmon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:52 pm

mariasmon wrote:Gold Serenade (MDO/Serena's Song) tries on Friday for the 3rd time to break her maiden, R6 at KEE, 8.5F dirt.

Well, there's still time to breed her this year.
mariasmon

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:03 pm

mariasmon wrote:

Well, there's still time to breed her this year.

Yep, both of them!
Sparrow Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Racing