Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Kay16 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I wonder if his new owner (who hasn't been identified, IIRC) didn't want a name so similar to American Pharoah...or to perhaps give the impression that the colt had the same owner as AP. :?

Honestly I don't like either name. Irish Pharoah is like they couldn't come up with anything more original than something close to his brothers name, and St Patrick's Day is just...blah..for a horse with his blood.
Kay16

Postby Macaroni » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:20 am

Kay16 wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I wonder if his new owner (who hasn't been identified, IIRC) didn't want a name so similar to American Pharoah...or to perhaps give the impression that the colt had the same owner as AP. :?

Honestly I don't like either name. Irish Pharoah is like they couldn't come up with anything more original than something close to his brothers name, and St Patrick's Day is just...blah..for a horse with his blood.

Agreed.
Macaroni

Postby ThreeMustangs » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:19 am

Senga, by Blame out of the A.P. Indy mare Beta Leo, won the Prix de Diane (G1) today at Chatilly. Her second dam is champion 2yo Denebola. This is the Coup de Folie branch of the Natalma family. Nice to see Blame get a classic winner.

Goldikova's filly Terrakova finished third.
ThreeMustangs

Postby mariasmon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:52 pm

mariasmon wrote:
mariasmon wrote:Spanish Steps (Galileo/Turbulent Descent) is in the 16:45 at Navan tomorrow, a maiden race.

Pretty good effort, finished 3rd.

He was 2nd in a maiden today at Cork. If he keeps progressing, the next logical step would be a win :D
mariasmon

Postby mariasmon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:58 am

There are obviously a lot of well-bred horses running this week at Royal Ascot. Just one I thought I'd point out is Honor Code's 1/2 brother, Declarationofpeace (War Front), in the listed Windsor Castle S. tomorrow.
mariasmon

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 pm

I noticed that colt, too. 8-)
If you're a fan of champion Honor Code, you'll love Declarationofpeace, who is his half-brother in the Windsor Castle Stakes. Bought for $2.6 million as a weanling, Declarationofpeace broke his maiden by six lengths in his last start for trainer Aidan O'Brien.
Read more: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... oyal-ascot

$2.6 million as a weanling? Wow.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby mariasmon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:54 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I noticed that colt, too. 8-)
If you're a fan of champion Honor Code, you'll love Declarationofpeace, who is his half-brother in the Windsor Castle Stakes. Bought for $2.6 million as a weanling, Declarationofpeace broke his maiden by six lengths in his last start for trainer Aidan O'Brien.
Read more: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... oyal-ascot

$2.6 million as a weanling? Wow.

His Tapit 1/2 sister Serena's Harmony, who's 3 now, sold for $3,000,000 as a weanling.
mariasmon

Postby mariasmon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 am

mariasmon wrote:There are obviously a lot of well-bred horses running this week at Royal Ascot. Just one I thought I'd point out is Honor Code's 1/2 brother, Declarationofpeace (War Front), in the listed Windsor Castle S. tomorrow.

He's also entered for the G2 Norfolk S. on Thursday.
mariasmon

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:45 pm

I kind of doubt that Declarationofpeace is going to be running again this week. He just finished LAST in the Windsor Castle...which in a field of 24 is pretty bad. As the commentator said, 'never raised a gallop.' :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby mariasmon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 am

Silent War (War Front/Lady of Shamrock broke her maiden today at Maisons-Laffitte.
mariasmon

PreviousNext

Return to Racing