Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:40 pm

St. Patrick's Day, full brother to American Pharoah, makes his return to the races on Thursday. He's running in the Ballycorus Stakes, the 3rd race at Leopardstown.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9146
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:07 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:St. Patrick's Day, full brother to American Pharoah, makes his return to the races on Thursday. He's running in the Ballycorus Stakes, the 3rd race at Leopardstown.

TVGVerified account@TVG
4h4 hours ago
American Pharoah's brother St Patrick's Day makes his European debut tomorrow in the GIII Ballycorus Stakes @LeopardstownRC in Ireland! Join us for Race 3 Thursday at 2:05PM ET / 11:05AM PT at http://tvg.com/live & on Watch TVG!
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 4589
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:St. Patrick's Day, full brother to American Pharoah, makes his return to the races on Thursday. He's running in the Ballycorus Stakes, the 3rd race at Leopardstown.

TVGVerified account@TVG
4h4 hours ago
American Pharoah's brother St Patrick's Day makes his European debut tomorrow in the GIII Ballycorus Stakes @LeopardstownRC in Ireland! Join us for Race 3 Thursday at 2:05PM ET / 11:05AM PT at http://tvg.com/live & on Watch TVG!

Gate scratch. Not sure what happened but hope he's okay.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 4589
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby TouchOfGrey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:St. Patrick's Day, full brother to American Pharoah, makes his return to the races on Thursday. He's running in the Ballycorus Stakes, the 3rd race at Leopardstown.

TVGVerified account@TVG
4h4 hours ago
American Pharoah's brother St Patrick's Day makes his European debut tomorrow in the GIII Ballycorus Stakes @LeopardstownRC in Ireland! Join us for Race 3 Thursday at 2:05PM ET / 11:05AM PT at http://tvg.com/live & on Watch TVG!

Gate scratch. Not sure what happened but hope he's okay.


Saw a video on twitter that looked like he sat down in the gate.
User avatar
TouchOfGrey
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:15 am
Location: Bayside, NY

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:45 pm

TouchOfGrey wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:TVGVerified account@TVG
4h4 hours ago
American Pharoah's brother St Patrick's Day makes his European debut tomorrow in the GIII Ballycorus Stakes @LeopardstownRC in Ireland! Join us for Race 3 Thursday at 2:05PM ET / 11:05AM PT at http://tvg.com/live & on Watch TVG!

Gate scratch. Not sure what happened but hope he's okay.


Saw a video on twitter that looked like he sat down in the gate.

Yep, here's a GIF.
At The Races Verified account@AtTheRaces
25m25 minutes ago
Where American Pharoah's brother St Patrick's Day's night ended at @LeopardstownRC - withdrawn following this incident on loading
https://twitter.com/AtTheRaces/status/1007325900784984067
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 4589
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Treve » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:54 pm

:shock: I'm sure he's fine but maybe he's been spending too much time reading about Unique Bella and Gold Ship :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Rumpus Cat (Street Sense x Sweet Catomine) is about to run in the 1st at Santa Anita, a 1-mile MSW for 3yo+up on the grass.
ETA: 4th. Made a big run approaching and through the turn to pass most of the field and then flattened out. Maybe Franco started his run a bit too soon? :?
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9146
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Starine » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:59 pm

There's an allowance optional claimer Sunday at Gulfstream. Besides $1,000,000 purchase Ruler of the Nile (out of a half-sister to Cairo Prince), the field includes Asterisk (full brother to Dialed In) and Hookup (half-brother to graded winners Gottcha Gold and American Freedom).
User avatar
Starine
 
Posts: 3798
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Anonymity (Tapit x Stormy Sunday) just won the 4th at Santa Anita, a 6-furlong AOC for F&M 3yo+up, in dominating fashion.
I was surprised to hear TVG's Christina, who is usually very knowledgeable about pedigrees, refer to the royally-bred filly as a 'half to Hansen.' Uh...no. She's a FULL sister to Hansen. :oops:
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9146
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby mariasmon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Madame Milan (1/2 to Barbaro) won the 6th at Delaware.
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3699
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests