Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

neighhey
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Northport wrote:
Izvestia wrote:Aren’t they typically sprinters?
Most of his Northern Hemisphere stock seem to be, but he sired a lot of classic winners the Southern Hemisphere. I'm having a hard time finding records of his progeny who raced solely in the SH, but Il Campione won G1s from 9.5f to 12f and Dacita had good form beyond a mile.

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/arti ... leo-chile/
El Turf is a great resource for South American racing. You can look up horses by sire. It requires an account, but it is free to sign up.

To answer the question re: winning distances, here's a link to his page on Padrillos en Linea: http://padrillosenlinea.com/rsdp/venta- ... lar=230157

Click on "Statistics" and scroll to the bottom. There's a chart with wins by distance and percentages.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4404
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 pm

World Affairs 2yo by Cairo Prince (ex Current Events (by Curlin)) seems to be coming along nicely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BRNVoX9F5o
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4090
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:22 pm

How did I not know that Hawkbill and Free Drop Billy are out of the same mare?

Both will be in action Saturday.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Where is Hawkbill running? I'm a fan of the KJ colt, so thanks in advance. 8-)
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3941
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Starine wrote:How did I not know that Hawkbill and Free Drop Billy are out of the same mare?

Both will be in action Saturday.
They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.

Hawkbill is running in Dubai.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4090
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm

The Lonhro colt Gronkowski won the Road to the Kentucky Derby conditions stakes at Kempton Park. He's out of the Lookin At Lucky mare Four Sugars (herself a half to Flashy Bull).
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4090
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:13 pm

mariasmon wrote:They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.
I love More Than Ready so that's definitely a foal I'm excited about. Thanks for the update on Trensa; I was wondering who she went to (and whom she will be bred to this year).
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Pricedtoperfection (Temple City x Glittering Tax), the full sister to Miss Temple City, is about to run in the 5th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile AOC on the grass.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3941
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Starine wrote:
mariasmon wrote:They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.
I love More Than Ready so that's definitely a foal I'm excited about. Thanks for the update on Trensa; I was wondering who she went to (and whom she will be bred to this year).
I wonder if Free Drop Billy's success last year made them want to send Trensa back to Union Rags? I'll be interested to see, myself.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3941
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Mendelssohn is entered for the Patton S. tomorrow at Kempton, along with fellow Aidan O'Brien runners Seahenge and Threeandfourpence (himself a full brother to G1Ws Brave Anna and Hit It a Bomb).
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3941
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:21 pm

mariasmon wrote:Mendelssohn is entered for the Patton S. tomorrow at Kempton, along with fellow Aidan O'Brien runners Seahenge and Threeandfourpence (himself a full brother to G1Ws Brave Anna and Hit It a Bomb).
Mendelssohn won pretty comfortably. Threeandfourpence was 2nd, Seahenge 3rd.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4090
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Hawkbill holds on in Dubai City of Gold
https://course-specialist.co.uk/interna ... city-gold/

Now we await little bro Free Drop Billy in the Gotham.
tachyon
Posts: 3531
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:13 am

Liberty Heights(JPN), 2015F. King Kamehameha(JPN) x Dubawi Heights(GB), won the G2 Fillies' Revue 1400m turf at Hanshin on March 11th 2018.

Image
Image

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckylVFeESWk
1st. (#10) Liberty Heights(JPN) F3 King Kamehameha(JPN) x Dubawi Heights(GB)
2nd. (#9) Encore Plus(JPN) F3 Deep Impact(JPN) x Oyster Ticket(JPN)
3rd. (#2) Dernier Or(JPN) F3 Stay Gold(JPN) x Oriental Art(JPN) -- full to Orfevre

These three fillies are qualified for the G1 Oka Sho (Japanese 1000 Guineas).
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2274
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:30 pm

tachyon, hope the jockey who came off the #6 filly was okay?

A little bummed that Dernier Or was hemmed in at the top of the stretch, she was really moving at the end but the winner came flying! Good win for her. :mrgreen:
Point Given
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Yoshida (JPN) (4-Year-Old Colt)
(Heart's Cry (JPN) - Hilda's Passion, by Canadian Frontier)
Date: March 13, 2018
Track: PAYSON PARK TRAINING CENTER
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 38:80 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 5/5

Ax Man (3-Year-Old Colt)
(Misremembered - Shameful, by Flying Chevron)
Date: March 13, 2018
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.00:40 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 5/103
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4404
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:24 am

Ruler of the Nile won his debut in convincing fashion by 7 1/4 lengths at Tampa Bay Downs last Saturday in the 2nd. The Todd Pletcher trainee is by Pioneerof the Nile and out of a Heavenly Vision... who is herself Forestry x Holy Bubbette (dam of Outwork, Cairo Prince, Nonna Mia etc). Another promising individual from the potent PotN over Storm Cat nick ;)
His debut was originally supposed to be Feb 24th at Gulfstream but he tossed John Velazquez during the post parade, ran off and was scratched (shades of Classic Empire lol!?)

obviously too late for the Derby trail, but here's a pletcher trainee that could make some noise this summer.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3941
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:36 am

mariasmon wrote:The unnamed 2YO filly o/o G1W Nonsuch Bay already has a work from the gate at Turfway. Ice Wine Stable is the breeder and the filly was not sold publicly, so it's safe to assume Wesley Ward has her and she'll probably run at Keeneland. And also that the gate work at last week was likely not her first breeze, just the first one at a track or training center that reports works to Equibase. Ice Wine bought the mare for $75,000 at KeeJan16 with this Scat Daddy filly in utero and she was bred back to American Pharoah, producing a filly. She returned to him in 2017.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... 90®istry=T#
Name official: Brittas Bay
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Life's Blessings (Tapit X Indian Blessing) is running in the upcoming 5th at Santa Anita, a 1 1/16-mile AOC for F&M 4yo and up. She's facing only four other horses.

ETA: In her first time around two turns, LB wins impressively. She's not just a sprinter, Todd. :roll:
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:52 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Life's Blessings (Tapit X Indian Blessing) is running in the upcoming 5th at Santa Anita, a 1 1/16-mile AOC for F&M 4yo and up. She's facing only four other horses.

ETA: In her first time around two turns, LB wins impressively. She's not just a sprinter, Todd. :roll:
That was impressive...she looked like an entirely different filly.

Life's Blessings finished 1st by 2 1/4 lengths, on March 16, 2018, at SANTA ANITA PARK in Race 5.
Off odds: 1.00
Your comments for this horse were: 2014 F Tapit - Indian Blessing, by Indian Charlie
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA5.pdf
tachyon
Posts: 3531
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Virtus(JPN), Deep Impact 3yo filly full to Gentildonna, won on debut going 1800m turf at Hanshin 3R Maiden on March 17th 2018.

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyHYy4rOuik
1st. (#2) Virtus(JPN) F3 Deep Imapct(JPN) x Donna Blini(GB)
Post Reply