Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Hoping the Cali sun is agreeing with this guy- he blew a bullet on the 10th over the surface- and a nice gate work before that

Morse Code
Your Comment: Tapit x Serena's Cat

Date: February 17, 2018
Track: Santa Anita Park

Race: 8
Distance: Seven Furlongs
Surface: Dirt
Age: 4U
Race Type: Allowance Optional Claiming
Purse: $56,000
Jockey: Geovanni Franco
Trainer: Richard Baltas
Last Raced: 04/12/2017 at KEENELAND in Race 7
Finish Position: 5th
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3930
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:26 pm

mariasmon wrote:Cheery Oats (Distorted Humor/Oatsee) is set to make her debut on Valentine's Day in the 6th at GP.
Well-beaten 7th, but perhaps she would prefer dirt next time.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3930
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:28 pm

Holland Park (Tapit/Round Pond) broke his maiden today at AQU.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm a Lucky Guy is entered to run on February 18, 2018, at OAKLAWN PARK.
Your comments for this horse were: 2014 C Giant's Causeway - Blind Luck, by Pollard's Vision

Still reported as a colt, in for the $12,500 tag, was in for $20k last race. This will be his 3rd start, finished 10th (last) and 7th. I guess he couldn't overcome his early birth problems, but I hate to see him drop through the claiming ranks when he shows little talent for racing.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3930
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 am

Funtastic (More Than Ready), a 1/2 brother to Gun Runner, is in the 11th at GP on Sunday.
katmandu
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 am

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:I'm a Lucky Guy is entered to run on February 18, 2018, at OAKLAWN PARK.
Your comments for this horse were: 2014 C Giant's Causeway - Blind Luck, by Pollard's Vision

Still reported as a colt, in for the $12,500 tag, was in for $20k last race. This will be his 3rd start, finished 10th (last) and 7th. I guess he couldn't overcome his early birth problems, but I hate to see him drop through the claiming ranks when he shows little talent for racing.
One to keep an eye on.......
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Morse Code (Tapit x Serena's Cat) is running in a few minutes in the 8th at Santa Anita, a 7 furlong AOC. The colt went for just $32,000 last fall at Keeneland, but his new connections sound very high on how well the half to Honor Code is training.

ETA: Looked like he finished 6th. :( Had a very wide trip but was just even-paced in the stretch.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2271
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:45 pm

G @LongBallToNoOne
15h 15 hours ago
G Retweeted 日刊ゲンダイ 競馬
ORFEVRE 's full little sister is... little.
Raced at just 412kg winning today over 1400m at Kyoto

3f DERNIER OR (Stay Gold x Oriental Art (Mejiro McQueen)) ridden by Orfevre's regular jockey Kenichi Ikezoe made it 2 from 3 with a gutsy win.
Image
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4084
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:26 am

Synchrony Wins Fair Grounds Handicap Off Layoff
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... off-layoff

Synchrony is by Tapit and out of the hard-knocking, grade I-placed mare Brownie Points.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:16 pm

katmandu wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:I'm a Lucky Guy is entered to run on February 18, 2018, at OAKLAWN PARK.
Your comments for this horse were: 2014 C Giant's Causeway - Blind Luck, by Pollard's Vision

Still reported as a colt, in for the $12,500 tag, was in for $20k last race. This will be his 3rd start, finished 10th (last) and 7th. I guess he couldn't overcome his early birth problems, but I hate to see him drop through the claiming ranks when he shows little talent for racing.
One to keep an eye on.......
No takers on the tag, only the winner was claimed.

I'm a Lucky Guy finished 4th beaten by 15 lengths, on February 18, 2018, at OAKLAWN PARK in Race 3.
Off odds: 20.60
Your comments for this horse were: 2014 C Giant's Causeway - Blind Luck, by Pollard's Vision
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA3.pdf
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3930
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:11 pm

mariasmon wrote:Funtastic (More Than Ready), a 1/2 brother to Gun Runner, is in the 11th at GP on Sunday.
3rd
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3930
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 pm

The Ramseys claimed Frank the Butcher (Malibu Moon/Dreaming of Anna) out of a win today at GP.
sweettalk
Posts: 1984
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:19 pm

mariasmon wrote:The Ramseys claimed Frank the Butcher (Malibu Moon/Dreaming of Anna) out of a win today at GP.
i hate that name so much
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3930
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Sorry, he of the terrible name is by Medaglia d'Oro, not Malibu Moon.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Ran her on turf this time, after a three month freshening. She led at every call, was very rank and pulling most of the race. Almost got nipped by Originator (Artie Schiller), but dug in and got the nod.

Jehozacat finished 1st by a nose, on February 21, 2018, at TAMPA BAY DOWNS in Race 3.
Off odds: 2.20
Your comments for this horse were: 2015 Tapit - Precious Kitten, by Catienus; full to Diving Rod; Lael
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA3.pdf
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:06 pm

Goodness, look at the off odds, in his second start. He was edged for show by a neck.

Fightinirishtabit finished 4th beaten by 7 lengths, on February 24, 2018, at SANTA ANITA PARK in Race 1.
Off odds: 98.60
Your comments for this horse were: 2015 Tiznow-Sweet Damsel by Turkoman; full to Colonel John, Mr. Hot Stuff
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA1.pdf
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Wampus (Malibu Moon x Pepper's Pride) finished 3rd in the 6th at Santa Anita, a 5 1/2-furlong $30,000 Maiden Claiming on the dirt for 3yo fillies.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:46 pm

Life's Blessings (Tapit x Indian Blessing) is about to run in the 9th at Santa Anita, a 5 1/2-furlong AOC for F&M 4yo+up.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Nolen rode her.

Racing.com‏Verified account @Racing
Black Caviar's first foal Oscietra dominates in the last @BallTurfClub. #RacingLive

Video: https://twitter.com/Racing/status/967645419030306816
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Figarella's Queen (MdO x Nereid) is about to run in the 13th at Gulfstream, a 1-mile MSW on the turf for 3yo fillies.
ETA: She won. Went to the front and improved her position. :D Had a nice kick in the stretch...did her mom proud.
Post Reply