Cozmic One

Cozmic One

Postby amfuller » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm

And so it begins. Cozmic One is off to Florida for training! He is HUGE and a very pretty boy.
http://www.zenyatta.com/news/cozmic-one ... to-florida
amfuller
amfuller

Re: Cozmic One

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:56 pm

He looks like a racehorse...nice and scopey, with good balance. Also was pretty well-behaved, for an 18-month-old colt.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Miss Woodford » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:05 pm

He really is gorgeous. I think he bypassed the awkward yearling phase entirely.
Miss Woodford

Postby firehorse » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Welcome to the Sunshine State Coz!
firehorse

Postby amfuller » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm no expert on conformation so someone that knows a lot more than me can you please answer this? Someone on the Zenyatta site said Cozmic One " is base narrow and paddles and will not stay sound". 1) what does this mean (I know what staying sound is ;) ) and 2) do you see this in him? Just curious and to learn more about conformation.
amfuller
amfuller

Postby firehorse » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:10 pm

I saw that too but also saw someone told them they don't know what they're talking about and he was most likely sedated for the trip and he's not being walked for a sale, but would be curious to hear other comments from those who know...
firehorse

Postby amfuller » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:21 pm

firehorse wrote:I saw that too but also saw someone told them they don't know what they're talking about and he was most likely sedated for the trip and he's not being walked for a sale, but would be curious to hear other comments from those who know...

I was thinking they probably gave him a little something too. He seemed kind of sluggish to me. Personally I think he looks pretty good.
amfuller
amfuller

Postby sweettalk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:24 pm

how someone got all of that from a distorted video (it's stretched awkwardly) where you could barely see him walk from the front at all, save a few steps where he was starting to try to turn sideways anyway, i have no idea. i'm sure he's fine and someone's just trying (and failing) to sound like an expert.
Last Christmas I gave you my heart. The very next day you were still quite shaken over this gory and incomprehensible gesture.
sweettalk

Postby Catalina » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 pm

sweettalk wrote:how someone got all of that from a distorted video (it's stretched awkwardly) where you could barely see him walk from the front at all, save a few steps where he was starting to try to turn sideways anyway, i have no idea. i'm sure he's fine and someone's just trying (and failing) to sound like an expert.

Not an expert, but that was pretty much my assessment of that comment as well. Hopefully just a busybody.
Catalina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Sedated for the trip...that makes sense, and would explain why a colt of his age and inexperience would load like a seven-year-old gelding. Would also explain why his 'dingle' was dangling...because, y'know, it's just too much trouble to, y'know, pull it back in, 'cause I'm soo spaced, dude. :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Next

Return to Racing