Ziconic

Re: Ziconic

Postby mariasmon » Sun May 28, 2017 5:26 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:IIRC, the Mosses really wanted to breed Zen to A.P. Indy but, by the time she finally retired, 'Indy was pensioned. So, they went to what, at the time, seemed the next-best choice; the young, highly-touted Bernardini. That match wasn't great, in hindsight.
The fact that she went to Tapit next doesn't seem odd to me. He had already established the ability to get runners from a pretty wide variety of mares, and maybe the opportunity to go to him was hard to resist.
Judging by the quality that the late Z Princess showed, War Front was a good match. It's such a shame that Z lost both those War Front offspring.
If she is bred again next year, who would you have her go to? Return to MdO (this filly looks adorable and nicely put-together) or try War Front again?

Giant's Causeway, please, for the love of God.
mariasmon

Postby Catalina » Sun May 28, 2017 5:33 pm

mariasmon wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:IIRC, the Mosses really wanted to breed Zen to A.P. Indy but, by the time she finally retired, 'Indy was pensioned. So, they went to what, at the time, seemed the next-best choice; the young, highly-touted Bernardini. That match wasn't great, in hindsight.
The fact that she went to Tapit next doesn't seem odd to me. He had already established the ability to get runners from a pretty wide variety of mares, and maybe the opportunity to go to him was hard to resist.
Judging by the quality that the late Z Princess showed, War Front was a good match. It's such a shame that Z lost both those War Front offspring.
If she is bred again next year, who would you have her go to? Return to MdO (this filly looks adorable and nicely put-together) or try War Front again?

Let's not. That would be another True Nick D Rating, just as the Bernardini breeding that produced Z Cosmic. The world may not rise and set on True Nick ratings, but surely they shouldn't be that far in the boonies when they predict an at best mediocre chance from a particular match.
Catalina

Postby sweettalk » Sun May 28, 2017 5:38 pm

aww man, is it really that low? ugh, i wanted her to see him, too. that's really too bad :(
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby mariasmon » Sun May 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Catalina wrote:
mariasmon wrote:

Let's not. That would be another True Nick D Rating, just as the Bernardini breeding that produced Z Cosmic. The world may not rise and set on True Nick ratings, but surely they shouldn't be that far in the boonies when they predict an at best mediocre chance from a particular match.

Yet, the Werk Nick is an A+++.
mariasmon

Postby Catalina » Sun May 28, 2017 5:53 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Catalina wrote:
mariasmon wrote:

Where can you tell? I didn't see where that info was freely available to the public.
Catalina

Postby mariasmon » Sun May 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Catalina wrote:
mariasmon wrote:
Catalina wrote:Let's not. That would be another True Nick D Rating, just as the Bernardini breeding that produced Z Cosmic. The world may not rise and set on True Nick ratings, but surely they shouldn't be that far in the boonies when they predict an at best mediocre chance from a particular match.

Where can you tell? I didn't see where that info was freely available to the public.

I feel like their website is fairly self-explanatory. It doesn't cost anything, as long as the stallion is sponsored and most KY stallions are.
mariasmon

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sun May 28, 2017 6:08 pm

I like the new filly, don't get me wrong and she's still brand-new so it's apples and oranges really... but Z Princess just seemed to exude so much class. The colt was a sad loss as well... so I'd be interested to see another War Front.

Or, you know, Deep Impact (or King Kamehameha for that matter, or Heart's Cry). :lol:

What about Empire Maker, now that he's back? Or... Kitten's Joy? :lol:

ETA to disclaim that I'm just throwing names out there :mrgreen: Didn't somebody mention POTN before? That might be interesting too...
lurkey mclurker

Postby Miss Woodford » Sun May 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Breed her to a sprinter or miler. Breeding her to classic horses is only producing plodders.
Miss Woodford

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:22 pm

If we're fantasizing about a trip to Japan for the Big Mare, and you want speed...how about Lord Kanaloa? :P ;)
Of course, she's not shipping anywhere, IMHO. So, since she just had a nice filly by MdO, and maybe you want to balance her late-blooming, classic-distance ability with precocious speed, what about the gorgeous MdO son, Vancouver, who is now gracing our shores with his awesome Aussie presence? 8-)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby mariasmon » Sun May 28, 2017 6:49 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:What about Empire Maker, now that he's back? Or... Kitten's Joy? :lol:

I'm the biggeset KJ fan there is and I love me some Empire Maker, but those matings look like a recipe for slow.
mariasmon

PreviousNext

Return to Racing