Ziconic

Re: Ziconic

Postby amfuller » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:55 pm

amfuller
amfuller

Postby swale1984 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Liking that they described him as a very "easy" horse. Here's hoping he inherited Zenyatta's mind.
swale1984

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:16 pm

The old question...nature or nurture?
One sure item in the nurture column is that Zen would have imprinted on her colt her attitude around humans. Since she's calm and trusting, he would have grown up with that education from his mom. Has to help...just in case there's a bit of Pulpit/Tapit crazy in Ziconic's nature column. :lol: ;)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby swale1984 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:05 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:The old question...nature or nurture?
One sure item in the nurture column is that Zen would have imprinted on her colt her attitude around humans. Since she's calm and trusting, he would have grown up with that education from his mom. Has to help...just in case there's a bit of Pulpit/Tapit crazy in Ziconic's nature column. :lol: ;)

Had almost the same discussion with a friend who owns hunter/jumpers. We agree that a little high strung attitude from the sire's side COMBINED with Zen's trusting nature is optimal. You have to have the common sense to balance out. He needs to be fiery enough to be competitive, but sensible enough to control. If he runs to his looks AND is sensible to boot, look out!
swale1984

Postby serenassong » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Does he have a Bend Or spot on his butt? Looks like it. His head looks a bit like Tapit- just imagine grey.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby amfuller » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:30 pm

serenassong wrote:Does he have a Bend Or spot on his butt? Looks like it. His head looks a bit like Tapit- just imagine grey.

I think he does have a Bend Or spot. Also, I agree his head/neck area looks just like Tapit, he's got his mama's rear end though. He's a nice looking guy, I hope he runs as good as he looks.
amfuller
amfuller

Postby Kay16 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:34 pm

amfuller wrote:
serenassong wrote:Does he have a Bend Or spot on his butt? Looks like it. His head looks a bit like Tapit- just imagine grey.

I think he does have a Bend Or spot. Also, I agree his head/neck area looks just like Tapit, he's got his mama's rear end though. He's a nice looking guy, I hope he runs as good as he looks.

he actually looks like he's going through an awkward stage. just wait til he fills out!
Kay16

Postby amfuller » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Ziconic, Morning Exercise
http://www.zenyatta.com/z_video/ziconic ... g-exercise

They have a lady handling Ziconic putting him in the walker, that tells me what a lot about his mentality. Thinking he's taking more on the Zenyatta mind than the sometimes high strung mind of Tapit foals. Things may change as he matures but we will see.
amfuller
amfuller

Postby Kelly Kip » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:30 pm

amfuller wrote:Ziconic, Morning Exercise

They have a lady handling Ziconic putting him in the walker, that tells me what a lot about his mentality. Thinking he's taking more on the Zenyatta mind than the sometimes high strung mind of Tapit foals. Things may change as he matures but we will see.

Excuse me, what? Obviously the girl is competent: she wouldn't be there if she wasn't. At farms , especially for sales prep, you'd better be able to handle both sexes, or you're out of a job. High strung "Tapit foals" or not.

When I was sales prepping yearlings, one year we had 17 in our barn...and TWO employees, both of us women. We NEVER had any issues with the colts BECAUSE they were colts. And I've also handled racing age colts AND horses. It's called good horsemanship.

And yes, I KNOW he's not "in sales prep", but he's getting the same treatment.
Kelly Kip

Postby Izvestia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:58 pm

amfuller wrote:Ziconic, Morning Exercise

That tells you nothing about his mentality.
Izvestia

PreviousNext

Return to Racing