Ziconic

Re: Ziconic

Postby Izvestia » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:40 pm

The 2014 filly is just beautiful. Very elegant and strong, just like Zenyatta. How could anyone not love her?
The 2013 colt looks like a little firecracker.
All of her foals are very different, I am curious if she is throwing to the stallions.
Izvestia

Postby Allspice » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:15 pm

islandgirl45 wrote:Whose foal is the chestnut-turning-gray that's in the paddock with Z14?

That is Life is Sweet's colt by Tapit.

Ziconic is crazy handsome and Z Princess is such a lovely filly.
Allspice

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:23 pm

"All of her foals are very different, I am curious if she is throwing to the stallions."

IMO, she is. At least, enough so that you can tell by looking at the foals which one is the Bernardini, which is the Tapit and which is the War Front, even if you didn't know ahead of time. She is stamping herself on them, I think, in their balance, strength and bone. And the ears, of course. :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby swale1984 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:51 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:"All of her foals are very different, I am curious if she is throwing to the stallions."

IMO, she is. At least, enough so that you can tell by looking at the foals which one is the Bernardini, which is the Tapit and which is the War Front, even if you didn't know ahead of time. She is stamping herself on them, I think, in their balance, strength and bone. And the ears, of course. :lol:

Wholeheartedly agree. Wow, Ziconic is a looker though. If he runs half as well as he looks....... :!:
swale1984

Postby Citation » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Allspice wrote:
islandgirl45 wrote:Whose foal is the chestnut-turning-gray that's in the paddock with Z14?

Z Princess isn't her official name, is it?
Citation

Postby amfuller » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Citation wrote:
Allspice wrote:

Z Princess isn't her official name, is it?

No that's just the nickname they gave her instead of calling her Z14.
amfuller
amfuller

Postby EquineAnne » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Izvestia wrote:The 2014 filly is just beautiful. Very elegant and strong, just like Zenyatta. How could anyone not love her?
All of her foals are very different, I am curious if she is throwing to the stallions.

What does that mean?
EquineAnne

Postby swale1984 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:06 am

EquineAnne wrote:
Izvestia wrote:The 2014 filly is just beautiful. Very elegant and strong, just like Zenyatta. How could anyone not love her?

What does that mean?

I think it means that the physical type of each foal leans more toward the stallion that sired each foal, but Zen's offspring are getting temperament, etc. from her. I mean, Coz looks very much like Bernardini...refined, lanky, etc. Ziconic is much more muscled...looks a lot like other Tapit offspring. Princess is the closest to looking like Zen, but I'm not familiar with a body type of War Front's offspring to compare.
swale1984

Postby Izvestia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 am

War Front throws all kinds. Definitely the filly looks the most like Zenyatta. I think the 2 boys are very much representative of the sire, at least physically. At least, that is my opinion. I posed the question, simply because I've only seen the photos and none of them in person.
Hopefully the Tapit doesn't have a Tapit mind.
Izvestia

Postby Life At Zen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:43 pm

They put a video up today. He's 936lbs and 14.3 1/4 hands high.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

PreviousNext

Return to Racing