Ziconic

Post Reply
Izvestia
Posts: 3844
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:40 pm

The 2014 filly is just beautiful. Very elegant and strong, just like Zenyatta. How could anyone not love her?
The 2013 colt looks like a little firecracker.
All of her foals are very different, I am curious if she is throwing to the stallions.
User avatar
Allspice
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:15 pm

islandgirl45 wrote:Whose foal is the chestnut-turning-gray that's in the paddock with Z14?
That is Life is Sweet's colt by Tapit.

Ziconic is crazy handsome and Z Princess is such a lovely filly.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:23 pm

"All of her foals are very different, I am curious if she is throwing to the stallions."

IMO, she is. At least, enough so that you can tell by looking at the foals which one is the Bernardini, which is the Tapit and which is the War Front, even if you didn't know ahead of time. She is stamping herself on them, I think, in their balance, strength and bone. And the ears, of course. :lol:
swale1984
Posts: 668
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:51 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:"All of her foals are very different, I am curious if she is throwing to the stallions."

IMO, she is. At least, enough so that you can tell by looking at the foals which one is the Bernardini, which is the Tapit and which is the War Front, even if you didn't know ahead of time. She is stamping herself on them, I think, in their balance, strength and bone. And the ears, of course. :lol:

Wholeheartedly agree. Wow, Ziconic is a looker though. If he runs half as well as he looks....... :!:
Citation
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Allspice wrote:
islandgirl45 wrote:Whose foal is the chestnut-turning-gray that's in the paddock with Z14?
That is Life is Sweet's colt by Tapit.

Ziconic is crazy handsome and Z Princess is such a lovely filly.
Z Princess isn't her official name, is it?
User avatar
amfuller
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: Georgia

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Citation wrote:
Allspice wrote:
islandgirl45 wrote:Whose foal is the chestnut-turning-gray that's in the paddock with Z14?
That is Life is Sweet's colt by Tapit.

Ziconic is crazy handsome and Z Princess is such a lovely filly.
Z Princess isn't her official name, is it?
No that's just the nickname they gave her instead of calling her Z14.
amfuller
EquineAnne
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Izvestia wrote:The 2014 filly is just beautiful. Very elegant and strong, just like Zenyatta. How could anyone not love her?
The 2013 colt looks like a little firecracker.
All of her foals are very different, I am curious if she is throwing to the stallions.
What does that mean?
swale1984
Posts: 668
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:06 am

EquineAnne wrote:
Izvestia wrote:The 2014 filly is just beautiful. Very elegant and strong, just like Zenyatta. How could anyone not love her?
The 2013 colt looks like a little firecracker.
All of her foals are very different, I am curious if she is throwing to the stallions.
What does that mean?

I think it means that the physical type of each foal leans more toward the stallion that sired each foal, but Zen's offspring are getting temperament, etc. from her. I mean, Coz looks very much like Bernardini...refined, lanky, etc. Ziconic is much more muscled...looks a lot like other Tapit offspring. Princess is the closest to looking like Zen, but I'm not familiar with a body type of War Front's offspring to compare.
Izvestia
Posts: 3844
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 am

War Front throws all kinds. Definitely the filly looks the most like Zenyatta. I think the 2 boys are very much representative of the sire, at least physically. At least, that is my opinion. I posed the question, simply because I've only seen the photos and none of them in person.
Hopefully the Tapit doesn't have a Tapit mind.
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1655
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:43 pm

They put a video up today. He's 936lbs and 14.3 1/4 hands high.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Izvestia
Posts: 3844
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Good grief, that sounds fat! My 16.2 hh OTTB is 1100 lbs soaking wet. Mind you, he's as wide as a fence post.
User avatar
amfuller
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: Georgia

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Izvestia wrote:Good grief, that sounds fat! My 16.2 hh OTTB is 1100 lbs soaking wet. Mind you, he's as wide as a fence post.
Have you seen the video? He's built like a tank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3K0bVW__nI
amfuller
Izvestia
Posts: 3844
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Yeah, he's definitely a solid looking boy. Imagine him when he's racing fit.
EquineAnne
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Life At Zen wrote:They put a video up today. He's 936lbs and 14.3 1/4 hands high.
Is that big for his age?
User avatar
amfuller
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: Georgia

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:38 pm

Izvestia wrote:Yeah, he's definitely a solid looking boy. Imagine him when he's racing fit.
I know, I can't even imagine how good he's going to look racing fit.
amfuller
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Is that big for his age?

I don't think he's tall for his age, but going by that weight...and the way he looks...he's pretty solid. He looks like he's going to be a muscular boy, and unlikely to end up as tall or rangy as his mom was at a young age.
Of course, who knows what another year will bring? :lol:
User avatar
amfuller
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: Georgia

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:30 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Is that big for his age?

I don't think he's tall for his age, but going by that weight...and the way he looks...he's pretty solid. He looks like he's going to be a muscular boy, and unlikely to end up as tall or rangy as his mom was at a young age.
Of course, who knows what another year will bring? :lol:
I think he already looks put together well and never really went through that awkward stage. I can't wait so see him once he starts getting fit.
amfuller
User avatar
Squeaky
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Hope Z goes back to Tapit next year
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Ziconic will be two when the time comes for Zen to be bred next spring, so the Mosses should have a very good idea whether they want to repeat the breeding. The Tapit colt looks good....but does he look as good as Z Princess? Maybe War Front will get the second date.
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1655
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 pm

War Front was her book for this year before they decided to give her the year off.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Post Reply