Ziconic

Re: Ziconic

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Retrospectiv wrote:
ElPrado2 wrote:Has she been bred to an actual speed type yet? I don't think she needs an actual stayer with how she ran herself.
Sometimes breeders get me totally confused. That's not something that happens often.
A miler with some early speed himself seems about right.

Remember she went to War Front twice. Tons of early speed and two year old (turf) runners there. Shame that didn't work put.

I hope they try War Front again. He'd bring plenty of speed.
starrydreamer

Postby Treve » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:50 pm

She must be close to foaling. She was bred to Medaglia d'Oro last year, right? Hope it's a filly.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby bare it all » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:36 pm

The thought of her going to Uncle Mo is just mouthwateringly good. I wonder if there are any physical characteristics that just don't match up? It is an A++ cross in TrueNicks.

I just have the Zoolander Mugatu quote in my head... "That Uncle Mo... so hot right now."
bare it all

Postby Life At Zen » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:35 pm

bare it all wrote:The thought of her going to Uncle Mo is just mouthwateringly good. I wonder if there are any physical characteristics that just don't match up? It is an A++ cross in TrueNicks.

I just have the Zoolander Mugatu quote in my head... "That Uncle Mo... so hot right now."

They probably want to send her to established sires, and Mo wasn't before... he is now, though, so I wonder about this year...
A R R O G A T E
Dortmund, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Iliad, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby mariasmon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
bare it all wrote:The thought of her going to Uncle Mo is just mouthwateringly good. I wonder if there are any physical characteristics that just don't match up? It is an A++ cross in TrueNicks.

They probably want to send her to established sires, and Mo wasn't before... he is now, though, so I wonder about this year...

Maybe they don't want the offspring to be the size of a Clydesdale.
mariasmon

Postby Life At Zen » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:58 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:

Maybe they don't want the offspring to be the size of a Clydesdale.

I was a huge Mo fan when he was racing. He was a little guy back then. I always forget he's a 17 hand monster now.

Is Nyquist or any of his colts overly large?
A R R O G A T E
Dortmund, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Iliad, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby mariasmon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Nyquist is average-sized. Outwork is huge.
mariasmon

Postby stark » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Does Moss have a contractual obligation to give Z babies to Shirreffs? I understand the moral obligation and that some may think it's sacrilegious not to, but was just curious. I know they've used other trainers, Mandella and Sadler to name a few, the issue being has Shirreffs ever trained a horse to show speed? Might be a whole lot easier to find a different trainer than a different stud, no?
Anybody on this list of accomplished horses have the lead at the 1/2 mile pole or for the most part are they trained to be closers?

Zenyatta
Giacomo
Tiago
Life Is Sweet
Manistique
Hollywood Story
Mr. Commons
Gormley
After Market
Cliquot
Harmonious
Starrer
Proposed
Calkins Road
David Copperfield
Madeo
Radu Cool
Blingo
Stanwyck
Neko Bay
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Diver52 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:17 am

Who was the really fast horse who died--i don't think Shireffs trained him. Mentor Cane? I have to say, I'd like to see Ziconic get a new start in a barn committed to getting him out of the gate!
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 am

It was Mentor Cane, and he was trained by John. Tragic loss, as he was just blooming into a top-class sprinter. And he was a drop-dead gorgeous steel grey. :(
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Racing