Ziconic

Re: Ziconic

Postby sweettalk » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 am

blinkers maybe? i don't remember if they tried that yet.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. Health emergencies are on the rise near that sword. A class-action suit is pending.
sweettalk

Postby Diver52 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:46 am

He looked completely at sea the first time round, very choppy, awkward stride. I thought he might even be pulled up. He did well to get involved but certainly doesn't have Mom's desire to pass horses.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby ElPrado2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:12 am

I think they are both lead ponies in training. Ziconic may break his maiden in Tampa in December.
I really love Zenyatta, she just doesn't seem to be a great producer.
ElPrado2

Postby sweettalk » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:47 am

we could have said the same about ivanavinalot, then songbird happened. maybe zen will have a freak yet.

probably not, but maybe.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. Health emergencies are on the rise near that sword. A class-action suit is pending.
sweettalk

Postby ElPrado2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:41 am

Has she been bred to an actual speed type yet? I don't think she needs an actual stayer with how she ran herself.
Sometimes breeders get me totally confused. That's not something that happens often.
A miler with some early speed himself seems about right.
ElPrado2

Postby Life At Zen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:26 am

ElPrado2 wrote:Has she been bred to an actual speed type yet? I don't think she needs an actual stayer with how she ran herself.
Sometimes breeders get me totally confused. That's not something that happens often.

I mean, she was bred to Tapit who typically throws speed. But I would like to see her to go someone like Speightstown, or even Uncle Mo. I think she has plenty of stamina in her line, she doesn't need to go to any sire that throws more.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:39 pm

They needed to send her to Bernardini though. I mean it was enivtable. He was the hottest thing going when she retired.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby ElPrado2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:51 pm

That's what I meant. She's dripping with stamina. Just let her lope along until the jockey says go, and whoooosh. She could count the seagulls in the infield until then.
ElPrado2

Postby Life At Zen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Somnambulist wrote:They needed to send her to Bernardini though. I mean it was enivtable. He was the hottest thing going when she retired.

Oh yeah for sure. I don't blame them one bit.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby Retrospectiv » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:31 pm

ElPrado2 wrote:Has she been bred to an actual speed type yet? I don't think she needs an actual stayer with how she ran herself.

Remember she went to War Front twice. Tons of early speed and two year old (turf) runners there. Shame that didn't work put.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Retrospectiv

PreviousNext

Return to Racing