Justify

Re: Justify

Postby MySaladDays » Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am

You said they can make a load of $$ off this horse.....winstar could make a lot more $$ keeping him to breed themselves...so this still doesn't make sense to me.
MySaladDays

Postby MySaladDays » Sat May 26, 2018 12:25 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It's not like they're being asked to do something they don't enjoy.

You really think this? Anthropromorphizing. Do you have any idea how hard it is on a horse to shuttle between hemispheres 2x a year and that it's a grueling schedule?

I have often wished that above all, I am never reincarnated as a race horse. For so many many reasons.
MySaladDays

Postby Ballerina » Sat May 26, 2018 12:46 am

MySaladDays wrote:You said they can make a load of $$ off this horse.....winstar could make a lot more $$ keeping him to breed themselves...so this still doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah, but they get the money all at once by selling.
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:04 am

MSD: You really think this? Anthropromorphizing.

Well, I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. That's why I added the :P , and the remark about poor War Emblem.
I do think that a stallion gets a certain satisfaction from breeding, even if it is just Nature's way to encourage him to perpetuate his species.
However, shuttling is a whole different topic. Shipping a horse long distances can come with risks, and maybe not every stallion has the mind or the constitution for shuttling.
The next two weeks should be rather interesting, as we wait to see who actually gets the rights to Justify. And whether Winstar, CHC, etc. wait until the Belmont to see if they're selling a dual-classic winner...or the 13th Triple Crown champion. How much money over the rumored $60 million is that crown worth? :?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Treve » Sat May 26, 2018 5:18 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:MSD: You really think this? Anthropromorphizing.

I do think that a stallion gets a certain satisfaction from breeding, even if it is just Nature's way to encourage him to perpetuate his species.

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. With the volume of mares that studs see in a season these days, many of them are exhausted by the end of it. Obviously you can force a stallion to breed if he doesn't want to, but I do think it can be gruelling.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby tcw » Sat May 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Justify on the CD track this Saturday morning:

https://twitter.com/DRFMcGee
tcw

Postby Big Ten » Sat May 26, 2018 3:51 pm

I'm totally cool with Audible not being entered in the Belmont. Stupid if the owners lost a $25M bonus by beating their own horse with their own horse. Audible wasn't a mortal lock to win the Belmont anyway looking at his predigree.

I do like Justify's chances to win the Triple Crown a little more though. I wouldn't say he's a mortal lock either knowing he could be exhausted from this compressed schedule. I'm still not betting the Belmont. I don't want to jinx Justify. Just kick back and enjoy.
Rock Hard Ten. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. California Chrome. Seattle Slew. Secretariat. Affirmed.
Big Ten

Postby Ballerina » Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 am

Steve Heuertz's photo of Justify's leaping is now available for purchase

https://www.etsy.com/listing/603177754/ ... shed_alert

It's pricey, but it's an 11 x 14 and $10 is donated to Racetrack Chaplaincy of America
Ballerina

Postby barbaro111 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:29 am

Ballerina wrote:Steve Heuertz's photo of Justify's leaping is now available for purchase

https://www.etsy.com/listing/603177754/ ... shed_alert

It's pricey, but it's an 11 x 14 and $10 is donated to Racetrack Chaplaincy of America

that is quite an amazing photo-- unfortunately I don't have any room left on my walls in my computer room because they are
covered with framed photos of American Pharoah---
barbaro111

Postby Retrospectiv » Sun May 27, 2018 9:46 am

Barbara Livingston's wonderful photo has also been released in print. She said on her FB she'll be releasing more prints, just didn't want to do too many at 1st and not have them all sell. She's also donating $10 from each print to the Race Track Chaplaincy of America.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/039-Jumpin-039 ... true&rt=nc
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Retrospectiv

PreviousNext

Return to Racing