TVG acting funny?

TVG acting funny?

Postby sweettalk » Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 pm

is it just me or is the station acting like someone hit the 2x speed button? the video and audio seem sped up?
We are tracking your eye movement as you read this signature so we can find out which letters are your favorite. Interesting.
sweettalk

Re: TVG acting funny?

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:20 pm

It's the Todd Schtupp Factor. He's such a loud motormouth that it only seems like the sound is sped up. :P
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Delamont » Sat May 20, 2017 1:10 pm

sweettalk wrote:is it just me or is the station acting like someone hit the 2x speed button? the video and audio seem sped up?

It is not just you. The Los Al show with Jaime sounded like the Three Chipmunks.

They seem to have fixed it now. But they're still letting Todd speak.
Delamont

Postby sweettalk » Sat May 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Delamont wrote:
sweettalk wrote:is it just me or is the station acting like someone hit the 2x speed button? the video and audio seem sped up?

It is not just you. The Los Al show with Jaime sounded like the Three Chipmunks.

then they only half fixed it :lol: good one, BA1
We are tracking your eye movement as you read this signature so we can find out which letters are your favorite. Interesting.
sweettalk

Postby Delamont » Mon May 22, 2017 2:32 pm

sweettalk wrote:
Delamont wrote:

then they only half fixed it :lol: good one, BA1

Actually that was me.
Delamont

Postby stark » Mon May 22, 2017 3:22 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It's the Todd Schtupp Factor. He's such a loud motormouth

Delamont wrote:But they're still letting Todd speak.

Curious if y'all remember Howard Cosell on Monday Night Football?
Boy did the haters hate in droves!

But I think Howard knew that some thought of him as an obnoxious ego driven ass, but he looked at the bottom line and said the ratings are up, just keep tuning in to see what stupid things I'll say and I'll laugh all the way to the bank.

Todd is no doubt viewed by some as similarly obnoxious. But I for one, appreciate Todd and all he's done to help make TVG a success, it's a joy to have them beamed into my living room on a daily basis.

Listening to the various talking heads reminds me of the good old days of actually going to the track, or especially the OTB. The same regulars sat at the same table day after day and the conversation varied from the weather, to dinner, to the 5 horse in the upcoming race, to a bad beat last week, to a best bet later in the card. Some was entertaining, some was ignored, but one thing was certain, we all showed up the next day for more!

Not really sure who I can think of that would've been any better at it for the past 17 years or so?

Any recommendations? I'm sure they monitor the board here ;)
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Diver52 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Todd was after someone (I think Dave Weaver) for referring to a "juicy" price. I'd like to tell Todd to drop "terbs," as in "he didn't run terbs." Time to put THAT puppy to bed too!
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Todd is loud, rude and his repertoire of mangled metaphors and annoying verbal tics could fill the page. But I'd like to nominate one that should really be retired.
When he's describing a horse who is making a move in the stretch, he'll say, '...and he's picking them up and putting them down like a house of cards.'
What? :shock:
'House of cards' is meant to describe something that is poorly made or flimsy...that collapses with the barest touch of a finger. Has nothing to do with speed.
Unless he's trying to create the image of a horse suddenly collapsing in a heap on the track (ugh), that one really, really needs to go. :evil:
BaroqueAgain1

Return to Racing