JOCKEY NAME GAME

User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Rudy Baez

King of Suffolk Downs!! Tragic story. He got hurt very badly at Rockingham Park and ended up in a wheelchair. Some say thanks to Josh Hampshire.

WaquitN Broad Brush might know more! Please share!
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Raven wrote:Rudy Baez

King of Suffolk Downs!! Tragic story. He got hurt very badly at Rockingham Park and ended up in a wheelchair. Some say thanks to Josh Hampshire.

WaquitN Broad Brush might know more! Please share!
He's been clerk of scales at Suffolk for a long time now. I don't remember Joe Hampshire being blamed for the accident that paralyzed Baez. I just re-read T.D. Thornton's account of it in "Not By A Long Shot" and, while the crowding that eventually resulted in the spill started when Hampshire gunned his horse for the lead from the 9 post, he had lots of company and really had no choice if he wanted to win the race. You see crowding like that all the time in sprints, especially those at smaller tracks. That one just went horribly wrong.

Oh, and your "Z" has again stalled this game.
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:12 am

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:
Raven wrote:Rudy Baez

King of Suffolk Downs!! Tragic story. He got hurt very badly at Rockingham Park and ended up in a wheelchair. Some say thanks to Josh Hampshire.

WaquitN Broad Brush might know more! Please share!
He's been clerk of scales at Suffolk for a long time now. I don't remember Joe Hampshire being blamed for the accident that paralyzed Baez. I just re-read T.D. Thornton's account of it in "Not By A Long Shot" and, while the crowding that eventually resulted in the spill started when Hampshire gunned his horse for the lead from the 9 post, he had lots of company and really had no choice if he wanted to win the race. You see crowding like that all the time in sprints, especially those at smaller tracks. That one just went horribly wrong.

Oh, and your "Z" has again stalled this game.
I had to pay homage to Rudy!!
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
mchorseracecall
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:14 am

Raven wrote: I had to pay homage to Rudy!!
Zachary Scullie (an Australian jockey).

http://www.racingvictoria.net.au/racing ... de=5019505
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Ernesto Oro
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Octavio Vergara
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
mchorseracecall
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Raven wrote:Octavio Vergara
Raven, you said "Octavio Vergara" twice. Andreas Suborics (German born jockey who is currently riding in Hong Kong).

http://0.tqn.com/d/horseracing/1/0/z/A/2/hkjc06-4a.jpg
mchorseracecall
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:38 pm

PJIII, after Raven put Octavio Vergara for the second time, I put Andreas Suborics, who is a German jockey, currently riding in Hong Kong, and after Suborics it should be a jockey with the first name starts with a "S" like Stephane Paquier (French based jockey who rode Rail Link to victory in the 2006 Prix De L'Arc De Triomphe), Sam Thompson (a quarter horse jockey from Los Alamitos), Seb Sanders (British based jockey), or Saimee Jumaat (Singapore jockey), not an "A" after Suborics.
PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:09 am

Stephanie Slinger
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 am

Raymond Pasquarelli (top jock at the Mass. fairs in the '60s and '70s)
mchorseracecall
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:10 am

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:Raymond Pasquarelli (top jock at the Mass. fairs in the '60s and '70s)
Ioritz Mendizabal (French based jockey, who rode the French horse Spirit One to victory in the 2008 Arlington Million).
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Luis D. Rivera (His career ended one winter day at Suffolk when word got out that he had a "joint" (battery-operated device) and security wound up chasing him around the paddock after he tried to throw the thing into the shrubs!)
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Edgar S. Martinez
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:16 am

Zack Ziegler
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:25 am

Thanks PJM

Raul Rojas
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:55 am

Stephen Bayen (In a Woodbine state of mind ... The first name that came to me was Skye Chernetz, but I don't want to stop the game for another three months.)
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Nate Smith
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Howard Lanci
Post Reply