JOCKEY NAME GAME

PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:28 pm

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:Erika Strunk-Micklos (rides at Penn National).
Scott Spieth
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1199
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Heliodoro Gustinez
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Raven wrote:Heliodoro Gustinez
Correction. It's Gustines, which means the game can go on!

Stewart Elliott
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1199
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:16 pm

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:
Raven wrote:Heliodoro Gustinez
Correction. It's Gustines, which means the game can go on!

Stewart Elliott

You're Right!! It's been almost 35 years since i last seen him ride.



Tony Black

Still riding and winning!!
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:52 am

Kristi Chapman
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Nate Smith
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Hoogie Drexler
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1199
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Ron Turcotte
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Edgar Paucar ... the king of Beulah Park!
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Rick J. Oliver
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1199
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Rudy Baez

King of Suffolk Downs!! Tragic story. He got hurt very badly at Rockingham Park and ended up in a wheelchair. Some say thanks to Josh Hampshire.

WaquitN Broad Brush might know more! Please share!
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Raven wrote:Rudy Baez

King of Suffolk Downs!! Tragic story. He got hurt very badly at Rockingham Park and ended up in a wheelchair. Some say thanks to Josh Hampshire.

WaquitN Broad Brush might know more! Please share!
He's been clerk of scales at Suffolk for a long time now. I don't remember Joe Hampshire being blamed for the accident that paralyzed Baez. I just re-read T.D. Thornton's account of it in "Not By A Long Shot" and, while the crowding that eventually resulted in the spill started when Hampshire gunned his horse for the lead from the 9 post, he had lots of company and really had no choice if he wanted to win the race. You see crowding like that all the time in sprints, especially those at smaller tracks. That one just went horribly wrong.

Oh, and your "Z" has again stalled this game.
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1199
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:12 am

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:
Raven wrote:Rudy Baez

King of Suffolk Downs!! Tragic story. He got hurt very badly at Rockingham Park and ended up in a wheelchair. Some say thanks to Josh Hampshire.

WaquitN Broad Brush might know more! Please share!
He's been clerk of scales at Suffolk for a long time now. I don't remember Joe Hampshire being blamed for the accident that paralyzed Baez. I just re-read T.D. Thornton's account of it in "Not By A Long Shot" and, while the crowding that eventually resulted in the spill started when Hampshire gunned his horse for the lead from the 9 post, he had lots of company and really had no choice if he wanted to win the race. You see crowding like that all the time in sprints, especially those at smaller tracks. That one just went horribly wrong.

Oh, and your "Z" has again stalled this game.
I had to pay homage to Rudy!!
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
mchorseracecall
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:14 am

Raven wrote: I had to pay homage to Rudy!!
Zachary Scullie (an Australian jockey).

http://www.racingvictoria.net.au/racing ... de=5019505
WaquoitNBroadBrush
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Ernesto Oro
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1199
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Octavio Vergara
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
mchorseracecall
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Raven wrote:Octavio Vergara
Raven, you said "Octavio Vergara" twice. Andreas Suborics (German born jockey who is currently riding in Hong Kong).

http://0.tqn.com/d/horseracing/1/0/z/A/2/hkjc06-4a.jpg
mchorseracecall
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:38 pm

PJIII, after Raven put Octavio Vergara for the second time, I put Andreas Suborics, who is a German jockey, currently riding in Hong Kong, and after Suborics it should be a jockey with the first name starts with a "S" like Stephane Paquier (French based jockey who rode Rail Link to victory in the 2006 Prix De L'Arc De Triomphe), Sam Thompson (a quarter horse jockey from Los Alamitos), Seb Sanders (British based jockey), or Saimee Jumaat (Singapore jockey), not an "A" after Suborics.
PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:09 am

Stephanie Slinger
Post Reply