Sales/Rescues

Re: Sales/Rescues

Postby serenassong » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm

serenassong wrote:Fourseventeen is for sale, if I only had the money
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3571529 ... 449899875/

She just reduced the price on him by half (now $1500), had to pull his shoes because she states she can't afford to keep him shod. Getting very nervous for him, wonder if she would agree to give him to Akindale?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:52 pm

serenassong wrote:

She just reduced the price on him by half (now $1500), had to pull his shoes because she states she can't afford to keep him shod. Getting very nervous for him, wonder if she would agree to give him to Akindale?

This is concerning, especially when she says, "but time is running out." There are so many options for her to give Fourseventeen a good home. Sure hope she doesn't do anything foolish. Wish I could help.
Sparrow Castle

Postby serenassong » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
serenassong wrote:

This is concerning, especially when she says, "but time is running out." There are so many options for her to give Fourseventeen a good home. Sure hope she doesn't do anything foolish. Wish I could help.

I contacted Akindale- they did contact her, as well as former connections. Fingers crossed!
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
serenassong

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:41 pm

serenassong wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:
serenassong wrote:She just reduced the price on him by half (now $1500), had to pull his shoes because she states she can't afford to keep him shod. Getting very nervous for him, wonder if she would agree to give him to Akindale?

I contacted Akindale- they did contact her, as well as former connections. Fingers crossed!

Sounds like she wants the money so she can get her truck fixed. "If not sold within a 2 weeks I'll keep him." Maybe former connections would pay for him. He does look like a happy and healthy boy. Sure hope this works out well for him.
Sparrow Castle

Postby serenassong » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:41 pm

A former owner did offer to by him, just under her asking price. She said that a friend of hers was going to take him, and that she could possibly get him back at some point.
Last I saw, she was waiting for a check to clear for the sale. I REALLY hope that he will be ok, will try and keep an eye out on him as best I can. At work today, twice with adding some columns, it totaled 417- I kid you not. I feel good that I did what I could for him, hoping for the best.
serenassong

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:08 pm

serenassong wrote:A former owner did offer to by him, just under her asking price. She said that a friend of hers was going to take him, and that she could possibly get him back at some point.
Last I saw, she was waiting for a check to clear for the sale. I REALLY hope that he will be ok, will try and keep an eye out on him as best I can. At work today, twice with adding some columns, it totaled 417- I kid you not. I feel good that I did what I could for him, hoping for the best.

Wow, nice confirmation that you did what you were meant to do. Good job and Godspeed to Fourseventeen!
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Failed prosecution in US underscores uphill battle to end horse slaughter
Animal welfare advocates left exasperated with Proposition 6, a law that has done nothing to stop California horses from ending up on foreign dinner plates
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/30/horse-slaughter-case-california-law-proposition-6?CMP=share_btn_fb
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:09 am

Food for thought.

The one that got away
I lost a horse once. It was both heartbreaking, devastating, and alarming – but more importantly, I had absolutely no idea how to solve the problem. He was gone from the equine stratosphere, and no amount of internet or Facebook searches led me to his re-discovery. To compound my grief and disparity, I was tightly linked to his breeder, his race owner, and his trainer. I knew his every connection, and had great respect for each. And yet I knew that if he did resurface, and resurfaced in a less than ideal location, it would be each of them that would catch the heat – not me. More importantly, not the people that put him directly there.

More: https://ayankeeinparis.wordpress.com/2016/04/22/the-one-that-got-away/
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon May 23, 2016 10:00 pm

Kathryn Papp DVM ‏@kathrynpapp
Happiest OTTB rescue story in a long time❤️ @raypaulick @joedrape @TRF_Media
Sparrow Castle

Postby Flanders » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:58 am

Flanders

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue/Adoptions