Interesting Horses for Adoption

Sparrow Castle

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Some of you may remember the efforts taken to rescue Cymple Rhythm and what she looked like then. What a wonderful transformation!
Available for adoption in southern California: Cymple Rhythm, an amateur sport or pleasure horse prospect. "Della" is a 2003 registered thoroughbred mare and rescued, starving, at auction in September 2013. Fully rehabilitated, up to date on everything, this 15.2 h.h. mare has enjoyed eight months of professional re-training from the ground up and is genuinely starting to look like a nice dressage prospect under saddle. Very sweet, willing, and sound, Della is located in Oak Hills, California, Della's adoption fee with approved application is $650.
Only permanent homes are considered; our horses are not for re-sale and must be returned to the rescue if an adopter cannot or will no longer care for the adopted animal. Local adoptions are preferred. Out of state prospective adopters must be prepared to visit the horse as part of the application process. To apply to adopt Della, towards a visit, please complete and return this application to us: http://www.sctbrescue.org/…/2014_SCTR_A ... PPLICATION.…
Please share this album to help Della find her forever home - thank you!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southern ... 9894561912
Attachments
Cymple Rhythm__2_3-2015.jpg
Cymple Rhythm__2_3-2015.jpg (31.11 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
Cymple Rhythm_3-2015.jpg
Cymple Rhythm_3-2015.jpg (50.35 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
BlindLucky

Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:40 pm

Tapaway (Tapit x Victory Road) is available via New Vocations: http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofiles/tapaway/

This guy was bred by Gainesway & Winchell, ran for them for awhile (under Eoin Harty), was claimed by the Ramseys (with Mike Maker), and got claimed a time or two after that to finish his career in 2012 at Belmont with a record of 16-4-0-1 and earnings of about $115k.

He's a full brother to G3 winner Touching Beauty and G2 placed Tritap, who holds the 1 3/16 track record at Churchill Downs.

Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:15 pm

Gorgeous horse...the photographer really did a good job catching him in some lovely poses while he was at liberty. Anyone else want to see him try dressage?
Somnambulist

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:26 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Gorgeous horse...the photographer really did a good job catching him in some lovely poses while he was at liberty. Anyone else want to see him try dressage?
I just want to see him in my backyard.

SIGH. One day.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
katmandu

Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:29 pm

^^^^ The Tapit is very pretty in the still pics, but if you look at the video, he's not very appealing. Incredibly stiff/choppy, he needs to be checked out by a vet for physical issues. Even if the issues are fixed, dressage would be at the end of the list for what he is suitable for, totally lacking in scope in the hind end. He is one good looking fellow though, and would make a very handsome pasture accessory at the least.

This one is a 3/4 sibling to California Chrome's dam - Not For Love/Polish Numbers. He's a much better candidate (for anything), if you watch closely, you'll see him throw some flying changes as easily as Chrome does. Much better mover and a very good canter. I think the "cute" in CC must have come from this side of the family, this guy is loaded. Whoever picked him up at the end of the competition probably got a pretty good horse.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=86 ... nref=story
BlindLucky

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:40 pm

15 yr old Spite the Devil (Devil His Due x Samantha D) is available via New Vocations: http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofil ... e-devil-2/

He was retired from the track in 2010 with a record of 46-8-6-6 and about $850k in earnings (http://offtrackthoroughbreds.com/2011/0 ... his-owner/) and has been mainly used as a pleasure mount, it seems. I guess his owner wasn't able to keep him, so he's back with New Vocations.

He was 3rd in the Sanford and Saratoga Special as a 2 year old, won the Withers and was 3rd in the Gotham at 3, and showed up in a lot of the 3-year-old races that year. How long ago? 2003... he ran in Empire Maker's Wood Memorial and Offlee Wild's Holy Bull :D

From 2010:
Izvestia

Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Hunk!!!! I wish I could have two OTTB's, because he would be my #2.
He sounds like my gelding. Needs to have someone take the lead, and he's also a cribber. A girl can dream. Two 15-year-old cribbing OTTB's... 8-)
BlindLucky

Thu May 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Gameday News (Corinthian x Summer Scene), a 6-yr-old gelding, is available from New Vocations: http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofil ... ay-news-2/

His dam is a half-sister to Stevie Wonderboy and Theyskens Theory, and his second dam sold for $1.1 million in '05. For any football fans, one of his owners during his racing career was Bill Parcells (the other owner was his trainer, D. Wayne Lukas). In his maiden debut he was pretty well trounced, but looking back at the field, I think we could give him a pass since it included Dullahan, Daddy Nose Best, and Sabercat.

I thought this was interesting, and glad to see it's working as intended:
Parcells retired Gameday News to Old Friends Equine in 2012. New Vocations and Old Friends have partnered to allow horses who could have a riding career a chance to do so and also offer retirement home for some who may not be able to be ridden. Gameday News was the first horse to come in to New Vocations through this partnership as it was a shame to see a young healthy horse just sitting in a field when he was begging for a career with his very own person. We are very excited and fortunate to have this beautiful guy with us.

Gameday was placed last year but his adopter no longer has the time to give him and it was in his best interest to find a new home.

BlindLucky

Thu May 21, 2015 2:23 pm

6-yr-old Burn the Mortgage (Kitten's Joy x Mortgage the House) is available via New Vocations: http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofil ... -mortgage/

This guy was campaigned for his first two years or so by the Ramseys and Catalano, but was claimed by Mike Maker and owned/trained by him until his retirement (his last race was 8/22/14). He is Grade 2 placed and won over $330k in 30 starts.

BlindLucky

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Wise Move (Lemon Drop Kid x Island Runner) is available via New Vocations: http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofiles/wise-move/

A 4-yr-old gelding trained by Nick Zito, he only ran 5 times and never won a race. Didn't seem to be very fast and was apparently claimed out of his last race by an original owner for retirement. He was a $220k yearling.

Wise Move is a great grandson of Flanders :)

Acadiana

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:02 pm

BlindLucky wrote:Here you go, people. Your chance to own a $2 million horse! I cannot even comprehend this sort of financial loss, but... this guy sold for $100k as a weanling, $115k as a yearling, and $1.8 million to Stonestreet at the '13 OBS 2-yr-old in training sale. Um, wow. He only had two starts, but had some breathing problems and sounds like he had some setbacks so they just decided to retire him. Anyway...

Pacific, 2011 gelding (Smart Strike x Mini Sermon, by Pulpit) is available for adoption via New Vocations: http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofiles/pacific/

His dam was a G2 winner and the rest of his female family was bred by Edward P. Evans for generations, and includes some really, really nice mares straight back to Gallorette.

Anyone know where he ended up? I worked with him as a yearling and he was a teddy bear! Bad stifles though, so I'm not entirely surprised racing didn't work out but hoping he has a great forever home!
Life At Zen

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Recently retired Strike A Balance (Smart Strike X Balance) was adopted through Second Stride.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Izvestia

Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:52 am

Life At Zen wrote:Recently retired Strike A Balance (Smart Strike X Balance) was adopted through Second Stride.
15.2 hands, very small boy! I think he must have gone fast because of his pedigree.
Life At Zen

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Izvestia wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:Recently retired Strike A Balance (Smart Strike X Balance) was adopted through Second Stride.
15.2 hands, very small boy! I think he must have gone fast because of his pedigree.
Being that closely related to Zenyatta, he probably could've been 12 hands and still been snatched up as fast as he was ;)
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Izvestia

Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:58 am

One Brave Warrior, out of SW Dream About.
He IS cute!

http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofi ... warrior-2/
Sparrow Castle

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:19 pm

Donna Keen ‏@donnakeen
Retired multiple stake winner Power Surge is available for adoption @RememberMeOTTB
Izvestia

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:06 am

2-time GSP Scotland is up for adoption at New Vocations. I wish I wasn't in grad school because he is perfect for my collection and would replace my now fully retired 17-year-old OTTB - 5 years old, 16.1 1/2, sound for flat riding only, and of course a chestnut....and $500 gets you this nice horse.

http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofiles/scotland/
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Wanted to post this somewhere. He looks good in his prep for a new job. Hope he passes with flying colors!

Stonestreet Farms
Always great to catch up with a retired ‪#‎burgundyboy‬
Majestic Cause is in training at the Fort Lauderdale Mounted Police Department and getting used to the obstacles he will encounter patrolling the streets and beaches. Hopes are that he will be ready for the final exam in 90 days, which includes having his officer shoot blanks while in the saddle!
Majestic Cause won at Gulfstream Park, and retired with earnings of $53,000. He worked the bullet at the Keeneland April Sale a few years back so will be well suited to pursuit!
‪#‎pastthepost‬ ‪#‎mountedlife‬ New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program FLPD
BlindLucky

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Wanted to post this somewhere. He looks good in his prep for a new job. Hope he passes with flying colors!

Stonestreet Farms
Majestic Cause is in training at the Fort Lauderdale Mounted Police Department and getting used to the obstacles he will encounter patrolling the streets and beaches. Hopes are that he will be ready for the final exam in 90 days, which includes having his officer shoot blanks while in the saddle!
Majestic Cause won at Gulfstream Park, and retired with earnings of $53,000. He worked the bullet at the Keeneland April Sale a few years back so will be well suited to pursuit!
He'll be one of the more expensive things on the force. He was a $700k 2-yr-old in training!
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:30 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Wanted to post this somewhere. He looks good in his prep for a new job. Hope he passes with flying colors!

Stonestreet Farms
He'll be one of the more expensive things on the force. He was a $700k 2-yr-old in training!
Amazing isn't it. Can't imagine risking that much, but then our horses don't compare to Stonestreet's. We have fun with them anyway, and just glad to get them good homes when the time comes.