Interesting Horses for Adoption

Insane Crazy

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:41 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Wanted to post this somewhere. He looks good in his prep for a new job. Hope he passes with flying colors!

Stonestreet Farms
Always great to catch up with a retired ‪#‎burgundyboy‬
Majestic Cause is in training at the Fort Lauderdale Mounted Police Department and getting used to the obstacles he will encounter patrolling the streets and beaches. Hopes are that he will be ready for the final exam in 90 days, which includes having his officer shoot blanks while in the saddle!
Majestic Cause won at Gulfstream Park, and retired with earnings of $53,000. He worked the bullet at the Keeneland April Sale a few years back so will be well suited to pursuit!
‪#‎pastthepost‬ ‪#‎mountedlife‬ New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program FLPD[/img]
He looks like he's doing a great job.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
BlindLucky

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:07 pm

Misconnect (Unbridled's Song x Summer Raven) is a 5-yr-old gelding available from New Vocations: http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofiles/misconnect/

He's a Grade 3 winner and a full brother to Winslow Homer and a half to Grade 2 winner Lewis Bay. His dam was a Grade 3 winner herself, and his 2nd dam is a half to Wild Rush.

Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:17 pm

He's a pretty boy, and with that pedigree, I suspect that he cost a pretty penny if he ever went through an auction.
Sparrow Castle

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:21 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:He's a pretty boy, and with that pedigree, I suspect that he cost a pretty penny if he ever went through an auction.
He sold at the KEEAPR 2013 two-year olds in training sale for $180,000 to Mike Repole. He's gorgeous!
Izvestia

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Fancy fancy Misconnect! Nice to see he has been gelded and will be someone's nice riding horse. I am jealous of whomever gets him!!!
BlindLucky

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Yay!!! If you've watched NY racing at all in the last few years, you've probably heard of this guy...

http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofi ... tic-raffy/

Majestic Raffy (Raffie's Majesty x Badger Pocket) has been retired after a career of 41-4-8-4, stakes placed and just $51 shy of $300k in earnings. All of his starts came at Belmont, Aqueduct, or Saratoga. He's a full brother to current stakes-placed runner Moneyinyour Pocket, who has made 42 starts so far.

I love hearing what they have to say about him:
Raffy is sweet and friendly and loves to play. He has enjoyed lots of turnout and is great with his pasture mates. He was a very successful race horse and has a “been there, done that” attitude under saddle. This guy is confident and sure of himself in the arena and outside. He takes everything in stride and is happy to hack out alone or in company.

Raffy came to New Vocations via the NYTHA Take The Lead Program. We are very thankful for their support.

BlindLucky

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Demander (Yes It's True x Bootery) is available from New Vocations: http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofiles/demander/

This 5-yr-old gelding ran 11 times at 6 different racks and earned $96k. He's a half-brother to millionaire Neck 'n Neck :D

They say he has a "a cute face and a sweet, curious nature... kind of a big goofy guy that gives you the impression he hasn’t quite grown into his large frame yet, but he tries hard at whatever task you give him."

He apparently stands at 17 1/2 hands!

BlindLucky

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:48 pm

And he's already adopted, but I always noticed him racing because he was so gorgeous and he had a weird name:
http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofi ... nd-onions/

Sliver and Onions (I hope they leave these pics up for awhile, because he's GORGEOUSSSSS):

BaroqueAgain1

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:54 pm

He really is attractive. If his mane, tail and legs stay black as his body becomes lighter? Wow. And those big, dark eyes!
A silver charger with black mane and tail would turn heads in any arena.
Izvestia

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:50 pm

I love Majestic Raffy, he is a very good looking horse. I love the way he's built, such a lovely neck and bright eye.
Izvestia

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Another total cutie with a beautiful pedigree - Monopolist

http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofiles/monopolist/
BlindLucky

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:25 am

Izvestia wrote:Another total cutie with a beautiful pedigree - Monopolist

http://www.newvocations.org/horseprofiles/monopolist/
Look at that face! Looks like he was a $375k yearling for Starlight that went to Pletcher, nice that they got him gelded and into the pipeline for a new job.
Izvestia

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:37 am

His sweet little face is what caught my eye!
Also, I'm glad to see horses like him, and Misconnect, gelded and ready for a new career.
Insane Crazy

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:39 am

I visit the New Vocations website at least three times a week, checking for updates. I'm taken with so many of these horses.

I still have my eye on Harvey, their current Curlin kid, though. UGH. I wish I was in a position to adopt him. I'm head over heels.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Izvestia

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:I visit the New Vocations website at least three times a week, checking for updates. I'm taken with so many of these horses.

I still have my eye on Harvey, their current Curlin kid, though. UGH. I wish I was in a position to adopt him. I'm head over heels.
I fall in love once a week with them. I really like Scotland (love chestnuts!) and Raffie's Majesty (love warriors!). I've got one OTTB, and that's all I can afford while in Grad school, but once I am working... I'll get another :-)
Somnambulist

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:22 am

Insane Crazy wrote:I visit the New Vocations website at least three times a week, checking for updates. I'm taken with so many of these horses.

Well if you move to super expensive LI we can co lease him!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Insane Crazy

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Somnambulist wrote:

Well if you move to super expensive LI we can co lease him!
SOLD. I'll be there once the snow melts....
oldgraymare

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:43 am

Honorable Discharge: Two Military Horses Retired from Arlington National duty. According to this article from the Paulick Report two caisson horses are being retired and up for adoption. One is a Standardbred that is a little high strung. The other a QH with navicular. Anyone interested?

http://www.paulickreport.com/horse-care ... onal-park/
CoronadosQuest

Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Strong Impact (earner of $552k) is up at New Vocations.

http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofi ... ng-impact/

Izvestia

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Strong Impact is quite leggy and covers a lot of ground. I love his face.