Hollywood Mystery

Post Reply
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1654
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:53 am

Absolutely breaks my heart that I can't take him in. I would adopt him in a heartbeat but we are at our max right now and it's just not feasible. If we were down 1 horse I'd be driving to Kentucky to pick him up. And Kentucky is 16 hours away from me.

Unbridled's Song - Madcap Escapade, this makes him a half to California Flag. Gorgeous, gorgeous gelding.

http://www.secondstride.org/hollywoodmystery.htm
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1654
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:55 am

Sorry - just seen he has been adopted. That's depressing....
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:49 am

What's depressing about it? He got a home! He's a beauty.
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:50 am

Life At Zen wrote:Absolutely breaks my heart that I can't take him in. I would adopt him in a heartbeat but we are at our max right now and it's just not feasible. If we were down 1 horse I'd be driving to Kentucky to pick him up. And Kentucky is 16 hours away from me.

Unbridled's Song - Madcap Escapade, this makes him a half to California Flag. Gorgeous, gorgeous gelding.

http://www.secondstride.org/hollywoodmystery.htm
Also, he's not related to California Flag. He's a 1/2 to Mi Sueno.
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1654
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Izvestia wrote:What's depressing about it? He got a home! He's a beauty.
Depressing because I wanted him! Lol. And I mixed him up with another horse I want who is not running well at Woodbine. Vader. He's the half to California Flag.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:15 pm

I gotcha. I felt that way about a son of Unbridled years ago, named Carefree. I wonder what happened to him. I hope he got his forever home.
It's nice to know Hollywood Mystery got a home, and we can only hope he will be happy and loved.

Hopefully the 1/2 to California Flag will end up at Long Run. They do good things up here.
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1654
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Izvestia wrote:I gotcha. I felt that way about a son of Unbridled years ago, named Carefree. I wonder what happened to him. I hope he got his forever home.
It's nice to know Hollywood Mystery got a home, and we can only hope he will be happy and loved.

Hopefully the 1/2 to California Flag will end up at Long Run. They do good things up here.
I've thought about going with my trainer down to Woodbine to bargain for Vader, but it's a long trip to possibly come home empty handed.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:15 am

You should try and contact the trainer first.
The current connections claimed him last Nov for $15,000 and he's earned them about $6,000 back. He's dropped steadily to the point that he's running for $6,000 today.
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1654
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Izvestia wrote:You should try and contact the trainer first.
The current connections claimed him last Nov for $15,000 and he's earned them about $6,000 back. He's dropped steadily to the point that he's running for $6,000 today.
I did message his son via FB but no reply - I'm assuming it went to the "others" folder. I did talk to someone who is an asst trainer at Woodbine and she said she's not sure if they would let him go. I guess they prefer to run them more than they should.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Post Reply